Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I’ll let my imagination run wild like the WhatsApp group….

standard chartered pay the WhatsApp group with terrorist money in revenge for hard line control of Muslim brotherhood.
The media very easily split the Middle East into 'Some Arabs good, some Arabs bad, very bad'. City's and now Newcastle's Arabs falling the bad group in the eyes of the media expecially in the eyes and minds of the WhatsUp group.

Sickly sweet story on Granada reports tonight little boy in a rag jersey doing a sponsored walk from his school to OT to raise money for a new school playground. The best they could find to accompany him was aged former City legend ( ha ha ) Sammy Mc Ilroy. Where's St Marcus of Rashford when you need him.
Don’t suppose they could find a local rag who knew the way to the swamp

The New Statesman has a circulation of 36,000 per issue. Hardly a left leaning rag that ordinary match going fans subscribe to, apart from European Royalty down the road.
Getting a bit confused here; I thought he wrote for the Guardian - does he contribute for the New Statesman too??

Sickly sweet story on Granada reports tonight little boy in a rag jersey*doing a sponsored walk from his school to OT to raise money for a new school playground. The best they could find to accompany him was aged former City legend ( ha ha ) Sammy Mc Ilroy. Where's St Marcus of Rashford when you need him?**
*When this was trailered at the beginning I turned to Mrs Ewing and said "Cue Rag or Dipper shirt!"

**He's either down the food bank, picking up another masters without a shred of fuckin' work to go with it, or Windsor Castle picking up another gong for scoring t'other day.

I've had my usual laugh at the DT this morning. Twenty column inches topped with a Rag headline - their women are playing Bridgewater (formerly Yeovil Town) in the FA cup. The sub-heading refers to the Bridgewater playing giants. Giants? How do MANUre women get to be giants? What have they won but a division two title a couple of years back? The reporter must have some form of dementia - or just be a dyed-in-the-wool Rag acolyte from the Salford Quays.

'City’s commercial dealings have long come under scrutiny by governing bodies, with City fined €10 million by UEFA in 2020 for failing to cooperate with its Club Financial Control Body.'

Which governing bodies? Uefa, egged on by half a dozen or so PL hyenas, achieved fuck all in their investigations, and all they could do to make any bit of shit stick was to come up with a fine for not co-operating with their tainted investigation. And there were good reasons why we didn't 'co-operate'! Has there been another investigation by a bona fide 'governing body'? Or is this pillock counting the studios at Media City, Sky 'n BT as governing bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.