Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status quo if Haaland fail which it likely will. So I reckon Alvarez next year.
There is absolutely no reason to claim that Haaland “likely will fail” or to believe that Alvarez is anywhere near ready to take on a crucial role in any top PL side

There is absolutely no reason to claim that Haaland “likely will fail” or to believe that Alvarez is anywhere near ready to take on a crucial role in any top PL side
There is history there.. if Real Madrid wants someone they almost certainly get them. We tend to not get in these fights for in demand players, as soon as it gets too hard we walk.

There is history there.. if Real Madrid wants someone they almost certainly get them. We tend to not get in these fights for in demand players, as soon as it gets too hard we walk.
This isn’t about what a club wants but what a player wants. And even in Madrid’s case, don’t be fooled by their media, their urge to have him is not considerable. It’s also not a rule that we don’t fight for players. And this is a different story. The past two summers we went for two top strikers and failed. It’s inconceivable to me that we would add another summer to the list. That’s why reporters like Sam Lee have reported something along the lines of “we are prepared to fight for him until the end”

This isn’t about what a club wants but what a player wants. And even in Madrid’s case, don’t be fooled by their media, their urge to have him is not considerable. It’s also not a rule that we don’t fight for players. And this is a different story. The past two summers we went for two top strikers and failed. It’s inconceivable to me that we would add another summer to the list. That’s why reporters like Sam Lee have reported something along the lines of “we are prepared to fight for him until the end”
You missed out the part where sam also suggested Real Madrid are the front runners. I personally would be shocked if haaland signed for us as all the news and buzz points towards a spain move. There is no smoke without fire

You missed out the part where sam also suggested Real Madrid are the front runners. I personally would be shocked if haaland signed for us as all the news and buzz points towards a spain move. There is no smoke without fire
Sam is buying into all the media out of Madrid. Our real fight is with Barcelona and Dortmund. Haaland will not (I have been insisting and being mocked for it, but I will insist) go to a team to trail behind Mbappe and Vinicius Jr for attention when he can be the main star of a team with potential to dominate, and that’s not to mention waste a season or two having to share a position with Benzema. But you need to understand that the media in Madrid will do what the always do: sell the stories about how the player wants Spain, has an agreement, and it should get even more specific in the coming months (all made up, but will get called “a circus” here). They have already noticed that Haaland stories drive a lot of attention and clicks so it’s a commercial decision to keep running with it. The Mbappe story isn’t juicy enough because everyone knows how it will end. And they already have the excuse ready for when it ends (they’ve already touted it in several articles): “we couldn’t compete with PL money/City money”.

BBC this morning saying Barcelona is his preferred destination, so who knows ?
Nunez or Haaland? The media in Barcelona is also an expert at pushing “player X wants us” narratives, and vehicles from other countries run with it because they can’t afford not to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.