Who are the good pundits?

Souness is head and shoulders above all. Done it as a player and a manager.
Nevin never seems to get TV gigs nowadays which is baffling.
Like Nedum he is probably far too intelligent for TV’s 30 second viral screen grab monstrosities who much prefer Micah laughing at Roy Keane while adding fuck all.
Some of those now marginalised to the US seem OK. Craig Burley knows what day it is and the US/Polish guy on ESPN (sorry I forget his name) is fair.
Savage is a self absorbed balloon and I despise the man for non-punditry reasons but after early nonsense like ‘nobody would pay to watch KDB’ he actually seems to have come around to us a bit. Apparently Bellamy took him aside and worded him up about City!
Some of the very best pundits have no Redshirt associations. Jobi McAnuff etc. Articulate boys who can’t get the big gigs while Murphy, Warnock, Scholes etc are clogging the system to satisfy the nostalgia market

Souness is head and shoulders above all. Done it as a player and a manager.
Nevin never seems to get TV gigs nowadays which is baffling.
Like Nedum he is probably far too intelligent for TV’s 30 second viral screen grab monstrosities who much prefer Micah laughing at Roy Keane while adding fuck all.
Some of those now marginalised to the US seem OK. Craig Burley knows what day it is and the US/Polish guy on ESPN (sorry I forget his name) is fair.
Savage is a self absorbed balloon and I despise the man for non-punditry reasons but after early nonsense like ‘nobody would pay to watch KDB’ he actually seems to have come around to us a bit. Apparently Bellamy took him aside and worded him up about City!
Some of the very best pundits have no Redshirt associations. Jobi McAnuff etc. Articulate boys who can’t get the big gigs while Murphy, Warnock, Scholes etc are clogging the system to satisfy the nostalgia market
I was about to say....the only time I don't mute the studio pundits is Jobi McAnuff...he'll soon be binned as he only talks sense and doesn't try to be controversial.

Nedum did a 30 second round up of our game yesterday on ESPN that was as succinct, informative, and intelligent as it could be. He even threw in a not so subtle nudge about being at OT the day before! Craig Burley, who is not bad, spotted the dig and told Nedum that he just couldn’t resist, and Nedum just smiled and mentioned how happy he was!!!

Refreshing to see the shoe on the other foot for a change!

I’d take Nedum, Souness & Keane as the best pundits. I actually like Neville’s work with the mic, but his accent and Spitters are a massive turn off.

I still can’t believe Spitter has a job in TV after the incident.

Souness head and shoulders above the rest on "mainstream" channels, it sticks in my craw to say it, because I despise the man, but Keane talks sense more often than not, find Robbie Savage quite acceptable too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.