Pele - was he that good? And why ?

Bluesince1979

Following on from the Peter Doherty thread, was Pele that good?
Before my time but where as you see countless reels of maradonna, best, messi etc , all lauded as being the best at the time, you only see bits of Pele.

So .. for those that saw him play, was he the best and if so why?

He was brilliant. in his era. Problem is, it's human nature to wonder how he'd do in the modern era, judging how he'd do NOW, using his peak form as a guide. Defences are generally better now.

I find it hard to take him seriously when he counts his friendly and army goals in his career total whenever he speaks about his goal haul.

Tremendous international player those world cups wow never making the move to Europe for club football makes you wonder how he would of done . not sure he would of had the tenacity of maradonna .imo

Pele was outstanding. A great athlete with all the football skills with which you would wish to be endowed. He also played, internationally, with some of the best in the world, so his passage might have been made a lot easier, but he was one of those players you would pay to watch, even if he was on the opposition. Neymar doesn't come close.

Pele was outstanding. A great athlete with all the football skills with which you would wish to be endowed. He also played, internationally, with some of the best in the world, so his passage might have been made a lot easier, but he was one of those players you would pay to watch, even if he was on the opposition. Neymar doesn't come close.
i used to pay to watch gerry creaney ,youre saying could of been as good as him :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.