Mary Ds / trouble at The Townley

Back in the 90s, loved Portland St, started in the Circus moved on to Grey Horse and sometimes one in the Monkey. Would get a bus down Wilmslow Rd to the Whitty or Welcome. Didn't give a flying f**k about the allegiances of any of the landlords so long as they served a good pint. Post match would be Castle on Oldham St or Hare and Hounds at Shude Hill rarely get to town nowadays doubt I would know it.

Wasn't the landlord at the Sherwood (Maine Rd days) also a Rag if any of us old farts can remember

They will see it as a result.

Turned up at City on derby day 30-40 strong and unopposed. Had a go at the Townley on 2 attempts. Only stopped by the Police. Moved on to the Corner Shop. Attacked it and forced the pub to close it's doors.

Bar attacking individual City fans who aren't hooligans, they will see it as as a good effort.

Something similar would be City turning up at United on derby day and attacking the Gorse Hill Pub, or another United pub not far from Old Trafford.
Correct and very well put.

That's true to some extent but in my experience LFC and MUFC fans have a track record of attacking lone fans, sometimes older ones, even those with kids. I have seen familes bricked in cars near Anfield and Old Trafford. The Villa fans did it at our recent Wembley final (which I have not seen from them before). Attacking the Townley is absurd. It is mostly used by older fans and supporters' clubs. They really are spineless cowards.
You would be surprised who goes in the Townley

It would have been better if they had came after the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.