Who likes to dress well?

At home the majority of the time so i am in jammies mostly , when i go out jeans , vest top and loose shirt, boots , shorts and thin khaftan in spring / summer , pull on summer dress when out in the garden

I may dress like that but doesn't mean I pull it off anymore, beer guts tend to warp the daperness of a decent set of clothes
True. Beer guts can be fixed a made to measure only can if you lose weight. Make it a goal, get out walking and get back into it. I did it after getting on the pies a few years ago. I won’t lie and say it’s easy, but it’s easier than accepting you’re a fat **** forever. It can be done. You will be healthier and look like a fucking well dressed gent.

Yes, I definitely like to dress well. I think it’s important.

It’s all-in with the wider scope of doing positive things to push a positive mindset, and presenting yourself to the world like you’re someone who takes pride in themselves and is a thorough and dedicated person.

The first thing I do in the morning is make my bed. Most days, nobody else is going to see that bed so does it really matter that it’s made?… Psychologically, for me, it ticks off the first job of the day and sets you on the right mindset for the rest of the day. It’s also nice to get into a made bed at night.

And all the other stuff that goes with it:
Keeping your home (and garden, and surrounding pavement) clean and tidy
Keeping the hair (and beard/tache if you’ve got those) looking good
Washing, ironing, and storing clothes properly
Keeping footwear clean (and getting rid of your tattered ones)
Having a good and varied wardrobe
Keeping your workspace clean and tidy (doesn’t matter if you’ve got a desk in an office, or you’re a joiner like my Father who has the mantra “neat by your feet” to make everything safer and easier while you’re working and respecting other peoples’ homes by being tidy while you’re working and makes you look more thorough to the people who’ve employed you)
Keeping yourself fit, healthy and in good shape

Even things like writing and speaking properly are important. Accents are fine; great, in fact. But using infant English “I ffink he done well dere dough” tells others that people who speak like this have got no pride in presenting themselves well, as much as dressing like a tramp or having a shit-tip of a home does.

All of this goes hand-in-hand.
This **** has it sussed. I agree. So Iam a **** too. If you don’t take pride in how you present yourself, you are letting yourself down and those who love you. Step up, you can lie about for eternity when you’re dead.

I need some cigarette papers so I am going to put a pair of tracksuit bottoms over my pyjamas, slip on trainers and a big coat.

It's only 60 foot away so I might escape the fashion polices attention and elude the paparazzies flash bulbs this time.
No one was saying full battle dress to go the shops. And no one gives a fuck if you went to the pub like that either. But you should. We all should.

It’s all-in with the wider scope of doing positive things to push a positive mindset, and presenting yourself to the world like you’re someone who takes pride in themselves and is a thorough and dedicated person.

The first thing I do in the morning is make my bed. Most days, nobody else is going to see that bed so does it really matter that it’s made?… Psychologically, for me, it ticks off the first job of the day and sets you on the right mindset for the rest of the day. It’s also nice to get into a made bed at night.

Keeping your workspace clean and tidy (doesn’t matter if you’ve got a desk in an office, or you’re a joiner like my Father who has the mantra “neat by your feet” to make everything safer and easier while you’re working and respecting other peoples’ homes by being tidy while you’re working and makes you look more thorough to the people who’ve employed you)

Even things like writing and speaking properly are important. Accents are fine; great, in fact. But using infant English “I ffink he done well dere dough” tells others that people who speak like this have got no pride in presenting themselves well, as much as dressing like a tramp or having a shit-tip of a home does.

Well said mate.

You and my Mrs would have a lot to talk about ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.