Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Remember it vividly. Word was going around the crowd at Ewood all day. Back then your only news source were blokes with radios. It went from “injuries” to “10 dead” to “20 dead” etc. My dad drove me home after the game and we sat in total silence listening to the radio as the death toll mounted. It was surreal.
Mate of mine was there, in that end. We didn’t know if he was alive or not until he got home later that night. No mobile phones then and the red phone boxes were in pretty high demand. His mum was frantic. A lad from a local school died.

I went yesterday and for the first time in my life walked out of the stadium at half time. Pep is brilliant and is the best thing to happen to this club in decades but he must show the match going supporters more respect. Those players are on massive salaries, far greater than I could ever dream of. So please stop feeling sorry for them playing too many games. If they're fit they should play. My game attendance is dwindling but yesterday might well have brought it to a halt.
I went yesterday and the whole trip probably cost me close to a grand for me and my lads. I also left at half time with both of my boys in tears.

But I don’t blame Pep or the players one little bit. If I blame anyone it’s the dirty bastards at Atletico and the fixtures computer. We had no choice but to play that team and I’m happy to see the bigger picture.

Lots of plaudits for their 3rd goal. Is anyone going to mention the half hearted attempt at a tackle by Cancelo during that passage of play. I thought it was awful. As much as he deserves all the credit for the outside of the foot passing he does, he has to defend better than attempt yesterday, very disappointing.

better than going half way and still going out.
i wouldn't know how to turn a PlayStation on.
So your master plan was to just play more kids haha.
1 huge goalkeeping error changed the game. A full strength dipper side Vs a patched up city side whom left everything on the AM pitch scared them to death in the last 15. Another 5 mins and we would have scored another.

Interesting how many dippers were going to Southbound destinations from Wembley Stadium post match. Had the misfortune to be queuing with thousands of them afterwards and foreign and cockney accents galore
We were in O’Neills near Kings Cross beforehand. My mate said to a group of Liverpool fans at the bar “How come all you scousers are putting Irish accents on?”

So your master plan was to just play more kids haha.
1 huge goalkeeping error changed the game. A full strength dipper side Vs a patched up city side whom left everything on the AM pitch scared them to death in the last 15. Another 5 mins and we would have scored another.
i'm not sure another 30 mins is what we needed at this point .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.