Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I had the email too. I moved to my seat after my original seat converted to a 93.20.
Now they want £1750 plus vat to retain my seat.
What is the offer? Is that just Joe's, free pint, programme and laminate floor?

What annoys me is that we struggle to sell out those corporate areas and when we do we often have lots of away fans in those areas.

the club/ higher ups care more about money then anything else. What that’s meant is a large portion of city fans who have been priced out or fans that have gotten used to not going.

more empty seats/ struggling to sell out and corporate sections full of Liverpool/ away fans will happen more

It’s already happening, but we’ll end up in a situation where people on average incomes can only afford south stand level 3 and the odd cup game. I’e most of our fanbase
93:20 is sold out every league game - so they obviously feel there is a demand for more of the same.

This was always going to be on the cards to maximise revenue especially as our attendances are down this season.

Unfortunately this is going to be way forward to drive match day revenue instead of any resurrection of extension plans.

Do feel for those that have received the email though - I got the same when Colin Bell level 2 changed to 93:20 a few years back.

93:20 is sold out every league game - so they obviously feel there is a demand for more of the same.

This was always going to be on the cards to maximise revenue especially as our attendances are down this season.

Unfortunately this is going to be way forward to drive match day revenue instead of any resurrection of extension plans.

Do feel for those that have received the email though - I got the same when Colin Bell level 2 changed to 93:20 a few years back.

there are often lots of empty seats in the corporate areas most games. As I said plenty of games where it’s been away fans filling out corporate sections - you ok with that? As long as it’s sold out.

They might say they are sold out aswell, but that isn’t always the case. You can often buy lots of these tickets from ticketing websites and they are unavailable on the website

it shouldn’t be the case and we shouldn’t just accept it. The club should focus on ordinary fans more - instead it’s been all about corporate.

long term it’s going to damage us and we are pricing out our core fanbase. It shouldnt always be about revenue

Yes, I guess like 93:20 these new seats will be premium seats not really corporate. We use 93:20 a couple of times a season when tickets are cheapish and are in there tomorrow night. They are always popular.

there are often lots of empty seats in the corporate areas most games. As I said plenty of games where it’s been away fans filling out corporate sections - you ok with that? As long as it’s sold out.

They might say they are sold out aswell, but that isn’t always the case. You can often buy lots of these tickets from ticketing websites and they are unavailable on the website

it shouldn’t be the case and we shouldn’t just accept it. The club should focus on ordinary fans more - instead it’s been all about corporate.

long term it’s going to damage us and we are pricing out our core fanbase. It shouldnt always be about revenue
There are gaps in corporate areas but not in 93:20 and Joe’s which are sold out pretty much every game. My block in 93:20 is all seasoncard holders so no away fans in there ever for league games.

They obviously see a demand in these areas for season tickets in this price range.

Totally agree that it prices fans out though - And I’ve been through it all myself.

Yes, I guess like 93:20 these new seats will be premium seats not really corporate. We use 93:20 a couple of times a season when tickets are cheapish and are in there tomorrow night. They are always popular.
Exactly - not corporate and the people in there aren’t corporate.

But defo worth it when it’s freezing or wet and for the ease of getting a pre-ordered pint at halftime

The price for a seat in Joe`s is £170, for tomorrow night, and the same for Saturday, so to say they are not pricing the average fan out is rubbish, yes you get a drink and I think a parking place, but its a lot of money for the average fan. Its not Corporate, its extortionate.
That's the price for loyalty, and holding a season ticket for 48 years.

I had the email too. I moved to my seat after my original seat converted to a 93.20.
Now they want £1750 plus vat to retain my seat.
Friends moved out of 204 before the start of the season to the bottom row of Colin Bell Level 3. The writing was on the wall they these blocks would be corporatised or 93:20ed for a few years. It’s still unpleasant when you get the news. I was in the now Joe’s area (206) and moved to 209 / 93:20 when prices escalated.

FWiW it’s mainly lifelong Blues in 93:20 (on the East side) for Prem games but a free for all on Champs League games. That said I did have 4 French Liverpool fans behind me for the bin dippers

The home CL Atletico crowd shows where our support is heading. Loads of Day trippers, tourists, and foreign football fans. They are now watching PL and CL matches again after a 2-3 year break because of Covid. Saying that, there won’t be many of them watching City v Brighton tomorrow night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.