Carbonated water machine

It’s not fizzy
I wasnt really meaning that, I know loads of people that buy all there water (non fizzy) in plastic bottles & pull a face when I ask whats wrong with tap water, serious question as I just wondered if there is a genuine concern about tap water?

Tap water in Manchester is lovely.
It's amongst the best in the country and Hampshire water is definitely the worst! The average hotel kettle element looks like it's been covered in Polyfilla such is the high calcium content, and it tastes revolting out of the tap.

I tend to drink bottled water from Aldi and Lidl but am happy enough to drink tap tater that comes from a reservoir a mile from my house and the 4 reservoirs there on the edge of the Pennines supply Tameside and East Manchester.

I wasnt really meaning that, I know loads of people that buy all there water (non fizzy) in plastic bottles & pull a face when I ask whats wrong with tap water, serious question as I just wondered if there is a genuine concern about tap water?

Depends where they live? Here in Manchester we’re lucky to have excellent tap water but down south it tastes like arse.

I'm cheap and didn't want to pay extra for Sodastream refill bottles. So what I did was to get a Co2 regulator, hose, and one of these:

All parts available on Amazon or at a local home-brew store.
Then get a reasonable sized Co2 tank & have it filled. I got mine at a welding supply store.

You spend a bit more up front, but by the time you run out of Co2 you'll have saved an absolute fortune. Plus it's far more flexible - you control the carbonation and you can fill any bottles you'd like.

See this article for a full setup:

Out tap water is great

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.