Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Great atmosphere for the first half and from 50mins up to about 80mins. We went quiet in the last 5-10 mins though. But still a great night.

Loads of tourists there last night. Never seen so many at a game. Obviously, none of them knew any words to any songs so the atmosphere was lessened by them and would have been even better if our proper fans had come.

But they didn’t and the tourists came instead who actually stayed to the end, so not all bad.

Not as good as the Liverpool and Spurs CL games, but they were second legs.

Just a few observations on last night’s atmosphere:
1. Many of the “tourists” give the lads more encouragement than “the regulars”
2. We can generate a good atmosphere despite drawbacks about the deign of the stadium etc.
3. The PA announcer can help with the atmosphere (not just drown out the build up),

Great atmosphere for the first half and from 50mins up to about 80mins. We went quiet in the last 5-10 mins though. But still a great night.

Loads of tourists there last night. Never seen so many at a game. Obviously, none of them knew any words to any songs so the atmosphere was lessened by them and would have been even better if our proper fans had come.

But they didn’t and the tourists came instead who actually stayed to the end, so not all bad.

The tourists behind me in 119 knew the words. Didn’t shut up all game, fair play to them.

The tourists behind me in 119 knew the words. Didn’t shut up all game, fair play to them.
Tourists always add value during the early rounds so fair play to them for getting tickets. They are in their seats for kick off, don’t spend half an hour on the concourse at half time and stay. They add value.

Soriano and his team would have been loving it last night. They would have spent thousands in the club shop before the game and they will want to come back after that. That’s the club we are now, were just like United and Liverpool, just on a smaller scale. People who crave low priced tickets with a big City section behind a goal will never get that wish.

Sorry to put a downer on last night's great atmosphere, but who at the club decided to put speakers on the concourses? As others have posted, the music was too loud. It was deafening. It's just more loud music inside the ground to drown out talking and chanting on the concourses.

was a good night, i was a bit confused by my bit of blue plastic up in CB3, why didnt we get flags!! pariahs! strange mix of folk up in CB3, one lad had some red footy strip on i couldnt even identify, certainly wasnt city or madrid.

Completely different crowd tonight. I'm up in Colin Bell 3, only one or two regular season ticket holders were there tonight. All the rest were the much maligned tourists, they all stayed and made a noise.

I was in level 2 south stand and was chatting with two blokes who normally sit the the Colin Bell stand. They said they want to try the south stand to see what the atmosphere is like in there. They loved it !

Thought it was poor for large chunks of the 2nd half for a champs league semi final when the boys needed it. Miles better than usual though and overall a good atmosphere on a brilliant night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.