Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

You might be onto something there Dave. Get all the singers en masse together at the back of the south stand maybe. I’ve slagged that annoying cheesy announcer off before but he started that Silva chant so credit him.. I think it would have been nice if the players would have walked out to our version of Hey Jude. They nearly did.gave me goose bumps that
See post above. I've been saying it for ages. It's so noticeable from the upper tier of the Colin Bell.

great atmosphere, songs spread over lower tier and all over.

some mentioned talkshite, they actually had a rags fan and a scouser ring in to discuss the game, imagine other way round would they have a city fan on discussing those t**s.. Both sets said poor atmosphere and the rags fan was at the game. Then up popped the madrid fan who was one of the 1,000 that travelled and guess what ? Yes he said city fans silent throughout the game ! There is no agenda is there !
Peter fucking Schmichael said it was a great atmosphere, that’s when you know.

He was on CBS coverage, and they also brought on presenter Kate Abdo’s dad who is rag, and he said the atmosphere out did any CL night at Old Trafford.

Even the BT team including Rio Ferdinand said it was a great atmosphere.

Atmosphere is totally overrated and is more important to the media and pundits than it is to our team. As we saw at Athletico, games are won by players scoring goals and not what score the crowd recorded on Hughie Green's Clapometer!

No amount of singing, screaming or flag waving has ever scored a goal and I'd almost go as far as to say we don't prosper with the crowd screaming and cheering as it makes the players make rash decisions and attempt passes that might not be there. We saw this countless times last evening where cross field passes were intercepted, passes that didn't need to be played, but were due to the frenzy of fans hyping the situation. The Mahrez and Foden chances would probably have been scored in an empty stadium but last night missed due to performance anxiety. Look at last year, when without fans we strolled to the Premier League, League Cup and Champions League Final. That's the type of team we are, cool, precise and calculated and fan noise does not assist our play one iota. Admittedly for teams that play pinball football then screaming fans might assist their chaotic plan but the reality is that it does little or nothing for this current City side.

I've been banging this drum a long time. When SS3 makes a noise it booms around the stadium miles quicker and better than the existing singing areas. It was noticable last night that when a song started up there it was miles louder than from anywhere else.
I posted yesterday that you cannot hear SS1 most games from level 3.
I did not mean that SS1 were quiet but for some reason it does not travel to level 3.

Atmosphere is totally overrated and is more important to the media and pundits than it is to our team. As we saw at Athletico, games are won by players scoring goals and not what score the crowd recorded on Hughie Green's Clapometer!

No amount of singing, screaming or flag waving has ever scored a goal and I'd almost go as far as to say we don't prosper with the crowd screaming and cheering as it makes the players make rash decisions and attempt passes that might not be there. We saw this countless times last evening where cross field passes were intercepted, passes that didn't need to be played, but were due to the frenzy of fans hyping the situation. The Mahrez and Foden chances would probably have been scored in an empty stadium but last night missed due to performance anxiety. Look at last year, when without fans we strolled to the Premier League, League Cup and Champions League Final. That's the type of team we are, cool, precise and calculated and fan noise does not assist our play one iota. Admittedly for teams that play pinball football then screaming fans might assist their chaotic plan but the reality is that it does little or nothing for this current City side.
Wow, that's a radical point and not one I agree with or many more will.

Pep regularly comments on wanting a loud atmosphere so that tells you all you need to know. These lads have played in the most hostile atmospheres in the biggest games in the world and I don't think it fazes them one bit, and I'm sure if you asked them it's night's like last night which they remember forever. A song clapped along by 500 people makes no difference to them but 50,000 people roaring them on gives them that extra edge.

Unfortunately missed the game due to covid so can only judge from tv. It was certainly a different looking crowd to a league game, you could hear the singing section early on but didnt seem to carry around the ground. It all changed when Bernardo scored and the whole crowd seemed noisy . From the comfort of my armchair i would give an 8/10

completely disagree. I think pep and the players would as well. Atmosphere makes a huge difference and makes going to the game more enjoyable for fans as well

A768B555-8E85-4432-9B52-DB815CC4CBAF.jpeg

This photo is cringe af…

Everyone’s known pretty much as soon as we moved to the etihad that splitting our most vociferous fans up is an atmosphere killer, why can’t anyone at the club put their heads together and just logistically come up with a plan to sort this out. There are people who are paid good money to improve the ‘fan experience’ but they don’t seem to grasp that top of most fans list is a good atmosphere.

I used to be of the opinion that surrounding the away fans either side was quite unique and created a hostility and to an extent it does have that effect especially if it’s a loud set of fans/ rivals but we shouldn’t be basing our atmosphere by feeding off away fans. It’s just so disjointed and we need to get all the singers together, it’s common sense…

And then when you move the away fans for cup games like this and plonk a load of tourists in there it just looks so so so odd.

sorry, rant over

Maybe get the league of nations paying £50 to £80 for every game? Somehow I don't see it, mainly neutrals where I was cheering on city but filming the penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.