Seasoncard Renewals | Slight Price Increase

Jumping the gun hopefully? :-)

CL prize money breakdown. (from Goal)

CA4-F7-E39-5591-4880-BA1-A-0-E685-F142193.png

I’m being booted out of ESL2 for a new sports bar. Or I can stay and pay £2k a ticket. Fuck knows who the club think will fill those seats. They can’t fill 93:20 which are about 15 yards away and almost half the price. Disgraceful really but they don’t give a flying fuck.

Would be interested to know if City Matters were consulted on it.

I’m being booted out of ESL2 for a new sports bar. Or I can stay and pay £2k a ticket. Fuck knows who the club think will fill those seats. They can’t fill 93:20 which are about 15 yards away and almost half the price. Disgraceful really but they don’t give a flying fuck.

Would be interested to know if City Matters were consulted on it.
They don't have to fill it, they'll make more money selling tickets for it to tourists for the big games and leaving it empty for the rest than allowing a normal fan like yourself to keep their seat at an affordable price.

Jumping the gun hopefully? :-)

CL prize money breakdown. (From Goal)

CA4-F7-E39-5591-4880-BA1-A-0-E685-F142193.png
I bet someone has fun making-up those figures & splashing the cash.
It's like monopoly money, only you'd have needed a much bigger box to stuff that amount of money into monopoly.

It's an unpopular opinion but I won't apologise for it other than perhaps generalising about people's earnings.

If you have a stable job and own your own home, I don't think you're in a place to complain about a 20 odd quid increase on a season ticket. I think we've all been in the position where we have to prioritise outgoings and stop other hobbies and unnecessary spending, that's just the way of the world. City still offer incredible value compared to other top clubs.

I always try to bite my tongue on renwel days, as someone will answer my post with "well i didn't mean you" ;)

But i don't have a job, i'm a stay at home mum with an illness that may make me paralysed in a few years (or may not), my only income is child benefit of £80ish a month, and £35 a week child tax credit, i live with my partner who works full time, and we live in a rented home with our little boy. We don't have pay tv, we don't drink, we don't eat out, we have nothing to cut out on.

Yet i am also meant to pay for mum 79 year olds mums season ticket as well (!), as she has no money. So i'm in that rut, that depression, of city have been my life, my life, yet i should give up financially. It's only because we both had to miss games this season through illness so have some ticket exchange money i kept to one side that i can even think of asking my other half to put up a few hundred to help. You'll say i shouldn't be going then - but this is my point about emotional blackmail of long term lifelong fans - muum is 79, if i stop her going now then that's it for mum, she's not in great health, it's out bonding time, our day out. And me, i'm supposed to be living for the moment in case the worst happens. So do i stop going and stay sat at home with 3 woolly hats and a sleeping bag to keep me warm? Or do i keep going, while i can. They say "it'll be on telly", we don't have anything other than freeview, i don't get to watch us on telly. And it's being there, with mum...

So yes, i know, the quoted post wasn't aimed at people like me.

But it does bug me every years when the speech about "prioritise outgoings and stop other hobbies and cut things out" comes up - some people have nothing left to cut out, other than life.

Byebye, off to put my son to bed.

The £25 mine has gone up has pushed me over the £800 mark, for the seat i've sat in since 2003, in the spot i have always viewed city from the old and new Kippax at Maine Road... I always had my limits.. i said i'd stop when it reached £600. I then changed that to £800. And now here we are... I'm not saying i'll stop, they've got me, but bloody hell i don't get how they can enjoy wringing out the last pennies out of fans and families :(

I keep a note of previous years and it was £580 for my same seats 9 years ago.
Going up £235 over 9 years is a lot...
... but still, sadly, a lot less percentage wise than transfer fees & salaries have risen in that same period. Which is at least part of the problem.

I'm sure the extra £25 they get off me will really help towards paying Erling's first minutes wage.

It's a fucking scandal they've put prices up again, no matter how many people on here try to justify it, shitshow
An uncle of mine has a season ticket at Old Trafford in a similar position to where I have one at the Etihad. Ten years ago his ticket cost £795 when mine cost £525.

This season mine cost £820 but his still cost £795.

Mine has gone up to £845 for next season, £25 more again. £44.47 per game, not good value when you think the FSF and fans across the country value football tickets at £30 as a reasonable price.

I don’t know why they keep having to out the prices up. People will look at that and think “£25 extra isn’t much”, but it is when people were already on the brink of having to give it up when it went over £700 a few years back and just keep paying out of blind loyalty to the club. With each price increase we lose core fans who are taken over their point of no return, so £25 is very expensive to our support.

Matchday prices are no better. We charge higher prices for kids than anyone outside London. Why?! A seat for a kid in the East Stand for big games at City this season have been £45, at Old Trafford they’re about £25, at Anfield they’re £9!

All this at a time when households are going through financial difficulties at their biggest since the 1970s. Football clubs are so out of touch with their supporters and City are one of the worst for it.

To me personally the small increase is a minor irritation but what does irritate me is the fact they're still selling platinum.

It's basically just a tax for those that want to support the team away from home.

11 years of increases, platinum tax and booting supporters out of seats for bars and padded seats for those with a bit of extra money are pretty dire ways to treat supporters. I'm in SS2 so am expecting some huge increases in the near future.

Sign of the times I suppose.

My increase next season, as an FOC in EL304, is £10, from £410 to £420. I am currently in all the cup schemes and a gold member - I ditched the platinum some years ago as a rip-off as I don't go to away matches. As many have said, the price rise, in the current climate, is a kick in the teeth for the average supporter, but, like most addicts, we're hooked.
However, due to medical problems (failing kidneys), I have missed 6 home matches in all competitions this season, including both Madrid home matches - my worst season for attendance for many years.
The good news is that I'm due to start dialysis in the next few months, when I am "assured" that my health will improve dramatically - currently, the walk to and from the ground leaves me exhausted, which is the only reason why I haven't made it.
I may still cancel the cup schemes, as a trip to Wembley is too much these days, but I can watch every match on TV.
I don't want to give up my seasoncard, as I still enjoy the banter with all the friends around me, who I have known for years, some of them for over 50!
Just like any other addiction, it's almost impossible to give up watching the team you love!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.