UEFA Champions League changes

As far as I know they haven't said exactly how the seedings and draw will work yet.

Fair enough. Thanks.

"Everything you need to know", apart from how the most fundamental change will actually work. Useful.

So basically extra games on group stage against shit teams that no one cares about and take away a leg of the semi final which happen to be the best teams ( bar villareal ) and most entertaining to watch . Who the fuck comes up with this shit .

A competition that leaves me cold in spite of our 4-3 thriller, they can get to fuck and the same will apply to the super League when it happens, I'll be at Altrincham with a pie and a Bovril.

So basically extra games on group stage against shit teams that no one cares about and take away a leg of the semi final which happen to be the best teams ( bar villareal ) and most entertaining to watch . Who the fuck comes up with this shit .
Accountants and TV companies

Two leagues of 16 teams in each. You play 10 games against who knows, drawn out of ‘hat’, are teams seeded? Sounds like the end for me. Don’t forget that these ‘extra’ clubs (from 32 to 36) will be lower ‘grade’ teams so will, in all probability, be cannon fodder. They will only see the light when viewing figures go down and empty stadiums.

good luck to them finding neutral cities...or at the least neutral countries. Unless that is we're going to be treated to continued repeats of the 2019 Europa League final in some far flung shitholes like Baku?

Reactions: mat
Two leagues of 16 teams in each. You play 10 games against who knows, drawn out of ‘hat’, are teams seeded? Sounds like the end for me. Don’t forget that these ‘extra’ clubs (from 32 to 36) will be lower ‘grade’ teams so will, in all probability, be cannon fodder. They will only see the light when viewing figures go down and empty stadiums.
It's one league, yeas the teams are seeded for the fixtures, and think the for 4 extra teams, 2 will lower ranked, and 2 are teams with the best co-efficient over the last 5 years that don't qualify.

UEFA set to make major Champions League rule change after Man City & Liverpool thrillers (msn.com)

Proposed (confirmed?) changes make my blood boil. It's already a way-overrated competition which has little interest until the qtrs, and now to reach last 16 they want to have 10 games (instead of 6) to qualify for last 16 (if you finish in top 8), or 12 games for the next 16 clubs in a single league. An absolute bloody farce.

And then, when it gets to the business end of things, after all those unnecessary no-interest games, they want to do away with two-leg semis and have a one-legged much-more-of-a-lottery single leg semi, in a neutral location, to be quickly followed by the final at same location (like Portugal in lockdown). So, let's have loads of irrelevant games to reach the key stage, then fuck-it, get it finished asap, with fewer fans being able to attend and, oh yes, four sets of fans in the same city. That's gonna work well.

Fucking MORONS!
Don't really get the - "all 36 teams will be in a league where they play 10 games each"??
How the fuck does that work unless you split it into 6 groups of 6 playing home and away, then work out the table?? Any other way could leave clubs playing disproportionately more/less difficult games surely?
As for the "football festival" - I'm retired so it works for me. Anyone working enjoy taking that entire week off - and the expense.
If this happens I think a lot of supporters, from multiple clubs, will turn their back on it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.