Top 100 Favourite Male Vocalists Final plus # 1

And tom Jones so low down is ridiculous for his talent.

At least 3 of my ten are in, Tom, Harry Belafonte and chritsty Moore
I had Harry Belafonte on my list too.
Re Tom Jones-- although obviously has a great voice, I didn't think of picking him over some who are less blessed with a voice. Mainly because, for me at least, I prefer vocalists who sing stuff that I actually like and can relate to. Or where their voice is so different/distinctive that it adds to the whole listening experience.
Never had a "connection" with anything TJ has sung.

What's "better" mean? I suppose you could argue he's technically better (I don't know enough about music to know), but he's generic -- which is precisely why EVH recruited him. And not remotely in the ballpark as a showman, nor within a mile as a unique voice. Also, except for "Right Now", their post-Hagar music was crap compared to the DLR VH.

I'm being kind at the moment; I have several posts on other threads offering much more pointed views on this topic. The Hagar for Roth trade was arguably the worst in popular music history.

Lots of people are wrong about lots of things :)

I have quite a few friends who are Van Halen fans and indeed Sammy Hagar fans but not one thinks VH were better with Hagar.

I don't have your issues with Sam but I am totally in the Diamond Dave camp. I'm sure Sammy is a better singer technically and his voice has certainly held up better but Roth is a far more intersting singer and character and whatever Eddie may have said about Roth, he brought the best out of the band.

The first four VH albums are just extraordinarily good.

You're after upsetting me now.
I like Bob
I have an antipathy for his music that is probably unhealthy, though I get that many disagree.

I’m just going to say it: save a few Black Sabbath and Bruce Springsteen songs, I probably like Boz Scaggs most of those four BS artists. Of course he’s kind of a local and worked with Steve Miller so I’m biased.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.