Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Pep man... this is on him. Such unbelievable genius. But cannot make the simple decisions
Pep did nothing wrong. He put the right players on to protect a lead and see out the game with minutes left

it’s not his fault that those players didn’t do the one thing that they were meant to do

As soon as it goes to extra time it’s over as they’ve got their tails up and we haven’t got a team on the pitch to win the game again

You know it's a real gut punch. Over the two games we were by far the better team but as is shown that doesn't count for much if you don't punish teams when you are so on top. Get 3 up at home = game over. Get 2 up tonight= game over. They still had belief and we gave them that.

I could moan about the ref not booking certain players, about the most ridiculous time keeping I've ever seen. I could moan about our national broadcaster being so happy that a Spanish team beat an English one, the sheer delight in Rio's voice was embarrassing to see - it is no wonder we will never win a major tournament - can you imagine the Spanish broadcaster being so biased? BT are fucking trash.

I was convinced we could get at least a draw tonight but it's not to be. The game changed when Walker got injured and Rodri was replaced we lost control of the space and our defending was suspect, awful decisions by Cancelo and Ruben are not consistent with their performances. We were also incredibly unlucky to not get that all important second goal - off the line, Courtois playing like I've never seen making save after save.

The only issue I have with us directly is not having a single shot in the second half of ET. The lack of a real striker really showed in the big moments in both games but you simply have to at least drive into the box and force contact or shots.

I'm gutted but we have to make sure we don't blow the league - four games left we cannot blow that. I trust Pep and the players to ensure that happens. We win the league RM beat Liverpool in the final by further suspect officiating and all is not lost.

So tonight fellow blues say fuck you BT, fuck you referees, fuck you VAR but get over it quickly and lets batter Newcastle. Only other crumb of comfort is the club will have to refresh the team and maybe not winning the CL will mean Pep extends because it's unfinished business & he will finally have a world class forward line to work with which will make all the difference in those crucial moments.

Goodnight blues it will be alright and we will win the league.
Great post blue. Rio Ferdinand is an absolute ****.
Thought the lads played well tonight and if the game had gone 1-0 like it should have 999 out of 1000 times, we would have all said it was a good performance.Prp who was very dignified in his interview got it tight - they had no shots, no pressure and from nothing they got 2 goals.
Grealish extremely unlucky - he made those chances himself and the only criticism I can see is that Anderson was too slow for the first. Okay, Cancelo let his man go but Ederson should have done better. Very proud of the team and fans out there - we did not get what we deserved.

You and everyone else saying this can just fuck right off. We lost it in the last 5 minutes of this match you fucking moron. Complete bottle job - the players just absolutely fucked it. Cancelo floating in a cross to Courtois when he should have turned back and held possession. We should have then gone down like RM did for 5 minutes faking injury. We fucked it big time... tonight, not the first leg.
I agree it wasn't about losing it in the first leg, but I don't believe we bottled it either. They got lucky, their 2nd goal was a total fluke. It happens. A lot of people talk about not putting chances away, but they didn't have a shot on target for 90- minutes. EVERY team misses chances, and it wasn't one of those games that looked like we needed to se it out. They scabbed it, simple as.

I’d like to see the stats but over the two legs their shots on target must be pretty close to the goals they scored… imagine if we had that quality in front of goal this season
Yeah. They had other chances in both legs though. Benzema had two in the first 15
Mins. Just not on target. Out shots on target stat was reasonable tonight but the keeper saved em.

I thought we saw the 2 sides of Grealish tonight , brilliant going forward and so unlucky to not score two

unfortunately he was the player who failed to stop those crosses that they scored from coming into the box.

However I think he is going to be outstanding next season and maybe the man who carries us to the win the league this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.