10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 2nd chance was a decent effort and a great save by Courtois.

His 1st miss was fucking abysmal. Courtois literally dived out of the way and gave him an open net and Grealish hit it straight at the only defender who could clear it.

He has already lost the balance - and that made Courtois to give out his balance as well.
The shot/or the cross was not to blame. Foden should keep on touch Mendy to make sure he kept the "better" position than Mendy but Foden released Mendy at the last moment. It is not really fault but just Foden is a bit lack of experiences on this kind of occasions. Just purely unlucky.

well he is just not clinical, never was, never will be.

Rodrigo, who is an older version of Kayky really, comes in and becomes hero, two chances, two goals.

Grealish came on, had two chances and missed both.

these things matter a lot.

we have good chances falling to players who are not good at being clinical. this is up to Txiki, he could have signed a striker, but he was happy to get in Grealish no matter what cost and have a go.

had these two Grealish chances in the end and also Foden and Mahrez all missed chances fall to a clinical players, same as the missed chances vs Liverpool in the league, not mentioning Soton, Palace, Spurs games, we might be in a different situation now.
maybe already title winners and CL final...

but hey Txiki, why we forget Haaland and spend 90m for Ward Prowse who is a hero at Soton, great reviews, great freekick taker. not really what we really need, but if Soton accepts 90m I mean there is a good player in there.
lets give him first 12 months to bed in tho.

I know people will disagree with me here, but I genuinely don't know if this guy will ever pan out here, I understand the arguments about how it took both Sane and Mahrez time to adapt. But by this point we had started to see glimmers that they were settling in and adapting, Sane had begun to start games as had Mahrez

But for me, I'm not sure Grealish's mentality is there, I think he is more interested in being famous and rich as opposed to winning trophies.

You can't be paid 300K a week and have this type of learning curve at some point the question needs to be asked.

he is a good player but i struggle to see his path forward with the team, he lacks the pace to play on the wings, is a bit lazy tracking back...not sure why did city payed so much for him when he seems to be a luxury to the squad

But he had to watch out for the other option; no other City player was close enough to do that. Had Grealish closed him down, the ball would have just gone to Rodrygo, I think it was. Either way, it would have resulted in a cross. Maybe not a goal, but we don't know what would have happened in that scenario. But judging by how the game went, they would have scored from that, also.

Actually the 2nd goal was Gundo's problem. He should step out as the left midfielder. He was slow. Grealish could not defend 2 at the same time.

But funnily someone here blamed Grealish LOL.

But for me, I'm not sure Grealish's mentality is there, I think he is more interested in being famous and rich as opposed to winning trophies.

He could have been famous and rich and unquestioningly loved at Villa. Could have committed his entire career to them, to moving them up towards the top half of the PL. Win a cup one year, sneak into Europe another...they'd be carving the statue and naming a stand after him before he retired. He was adored, idolised and protected. He was their highest paid player and they'd have paid him more to keep him.

He came to City to push himself, to work with the best manager in the world, to play with some of the best players, and to win stuff.

Don't let the fact he's got a funny hairdo and does a bit of modelling make you think he's not serious about football.

Brought on at a time where they're dead and buried, they're not even playing with a right back at that point because they have to just throw everything at us, it should be a wet dream of an opportunity for him, he gets 2 chances to make whatever happened at the end irrelevant and seal us a place in the final and fluffs them both. First one there's no excuses, has to go in, its that simple. That's the game right there. second one he should be scoring from there but it's a decent enough effort and a very good save. Should score but he's not done anything wrong with the second one in fairness.

He's at fault for the Madrid second goal casually strolling out to put in a token effort to block the cross. jesus who he replaced would have been on it and blocked it. it's another example of his casual approach that's at odds with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.