We have a labour council so getting the labour vote out in increased numbers will still send a message, but most will think there’s no point.
Numbers matter but it’s hard to change the habits of a lifetime. Forgetting your roots and the values fought for is common place nowadays
I don't want to be the grumpy old **** in the pubs saying "I told you so."

However I feel it's coming.

Hartlepool - a year ago Johnson was loved there - Johnson was their electoral asset - now candidates are distancing themselves from him and the Party - desperate

I suppose sticking labour on an EU flag is the closest the gutless, spineless tories can get to actually saying the dreaded ‘B’ word which is odd because that omission tells you that they know brexit is a total disaster yet they still try to associate labour with opposing it.

I don't want to be the grumpy old **** in the pubs saying "I told you so."

However I feel it's coming.
I hope not mat, but some aspects of the media are busy brainwashing the electorate, most people on the poverty line won’t even vote thinking it’s useless and putting up with being told to buy cheaper brands. Most do that any way and still can’t afford to buy the cheapest brand or pay the rent.

Reactions: mat
I hope not mat, but some aspects of the media are busy brainwashing the electorate, most people on the poverty line won’t even vote thinking it’s useless and putting up with being told to buy cheaper brands. Most do that any way and still can’t afford to buy the cheapest brand or pay the rent.

can we not all just buy some cheaper stores own brand gas and electricity to sort things out?

It's more noticible in my home town.

The pub isn't as busy as it used to be and closes up early most nights now

The advice on the news for people who shop in Tesco or Waitrose is to go instead to Aldi or Lidl. How many on here or living in poverty shop at Waitrose. Food banks is where they shop so why don’t people understand that they are scraping the barrel.

The advice on the news for people who shop in Tesco or Waitrose is to go instead to Aldi or Lidl. How many on here or living in poverty shop at Waitrose. Food banks is where they shop so why don’t people understand that they are scraping the barrel.
You’ve got it wrong, they’re not talking to those already on the poverty line, they’re talking to their regular voters, getting them pre-trained to understand the situation.

They’re trying to appeal to their swing voters.

Ironic that people are being encouraged to stop shopping at British owned retailers and to switch to German owned ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.