Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

The more i think back the more i think that our players just totally froze after the first goal.

Didn't close down the cross, didn't go for the header, didn't bother attempting to save. Just froze
That was the game up, some of our players looked like they'd shit themselves when the camera was on them at the end of normal time and early in extra time

Worst thing for me is knowing nothing will change. Next season we’ll likely bow out of the competition in an embarrassing fashion, and we’ll all talk of a rebuild being needed yet nothing will come of it
Well you have to read between the lines. Pep doesn't seem like he can take us over the line and he has failed in the Champions League and will continue to do so by the looks of it.
Not advocating his dismissal but stating facts.

I'm not blaming Grealish and maybe in future seasons he will shine, but that money should of been spend on a proven forward first. We only ever needed to break the bank for a top forward, You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that, yet we still went into the season without a centre forward and its biting us on the arse big time. I call it complacency.
i just keep thinking that for the £100m we spent on grealish, we could have brought in 2/3 top players for positions that we actually needed strengthening. The recruitment at times has been seriously questionable.

Worst thing for me is knowing nothing will change. Next season we’ll likely bow out of the competition in an embarrassing fashion, and we’ll all talk of a rebuild being needed yet nothing will come of it
Talk of misery... I'm devastated, but next season we will maybe have the greatest striker on the planet in a blue shirt.

We don't kick and run - as you know we play a more considered style. Watch us without the ball - there's no shortage of pace.
I’m not saying play kick and run far from it. I’m talking about the ball over the top or a through ball against a high line. The quick break like the one against Arsenal a few years back.

I know we play measured controlled football but sometimes it’s good to lure the team in then bang the out ball and you’re through. We don’t have that in our armour and it’s something I think we would benefit from.

We had more than enough chances over the two legs to go through very easily, this is on the players, not Pep
Spot on.

Pep’s frustrated in the past in the CL, but not last night.

Poor finishing in front of goal and poor finishing of a game saw us lose this.

Crossing the ball into their keeper when we should be seeing the game out in the corner is as Typical City as Steve Lomas seeing the game out in the corner when we needed a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.