Electric cars

Wow, that is an awful lot of fucking about, 6 hrs to do a 2 1/2 drive plus all the mither, I couldn't go about my business watching charge dials and apps etc, it's bad enough watching a speedo. Strictly an internal combustion chappy, I know where I'm up to and know what to do, too much witchcraft and wizardry in all this high tech stuff. I do however have an LED light bulb and a bag for life so fortunately I can sleep at night.

I am not signed up to any diesel retailer and can use their standard pump to fill up - how old fashioned eh?

What a bloody rigmarole here

Wonder how much TESLA paid him for that!!

I wanted to get an EV but waiting times for the models we were interested in were 6 months plus and we couldn't wait that long. In the end we had to settle for a hybrid which we will get in June.

Wouldn't have any problem with getting an EV though and I suspect our next car will be one. An EV would fit in well with the journeys we do but I can understand those who do a lot of miles being hesitant about committing to one until the infrastructure improves.

Wonder how much TESLA paid him for that!!

I wanted to get an EV but waiting times for the models we were interested in were 6 months plus and we couldn't wait that long. In the end we had to settle for a hybrid which we will get in June.

Wouldn't have any problem with getting an EV though and I suspect our next car will be one. An EV would fit in well with the journeys we do but I can understand those who do a lot of miles being hesitant about committing to one until the infrastructure improves.
Tesla usually get a bad press as they do not advertise with anyone. But since getting a Tesla I have been on more road trips (8+ hrs) than ever before. Its so easy as the car plots the route via the chargers and its cheap as chips. I think the Uk charging network isn't upto standard yet but in Europe its great.

I am not signed up to any diesel retailer and can use their standard pump to fill up - how old fashioned eh?

What a bloody rigmarole here

but the Macmaster is possibly the worst advocate for a EV, all his content is about clickbait. If you watch the video he complained about the length of the charger cable, it's clear he could have moved his car closer.

I've had an EV for 15 months, never had a single issue. Ok, it's a Tesla which has a great infrastructure, but even the non Tesla chargers are catching up.

Macmaster=clickbait, simple

Tesla usually get a bad press as they do not advertise with anyone. But since getting a Tesla I have been on more road trips (8+ hrs) than ever before. Its so easy as the car plots the route via the chargers and its cheap as chips. I think the Uk charging network isn't upto standard yet but in Europe its great.
It was said in jest to be honest.

As I said, my next car will probably be an EV, though a decent plug-in hybrid may be all we really need. If I do go electric, it won't be a Tesla though.

but the Macmaster is possibly the worst advocate for a EV, all his content is about clickbait. If you watch the video he complained about the length of the charger cable, it's clear he could have moved his car closer.

I've had an EV for 15 months, never had a single issue. Ok, it's a Tesla which has a great infrastructure, but even the non Tesla chargers are catching up.

Macmaster=clickbait, simple

And yet he constantly tells you he likes EV's he just accepts now he is leasing the wrong one. His affinity for Porche is costing him here. The thing with the lead wasn't about the length it was that his charge point was on the other wing so he had to turn around - dragging it over the wings and bonnet was a no-no. Anyone who has ever returned a lease car knows that the slightest mark bigger than a 10p coin and they start arguing about respraying whole panels and that.

Tesla do seem to have a much more comprehensive infrastructure and cars that run further and charge more quickly than the rest though I am not sure about costs of the vehicles and the cost of charging. Last autumn we went away and somewhere at some services on the way - I am thinking Tamworth though may have been further back and on the M1 - and there was a bank of a dozen Tesla chargers being installed. They weren't in use yet - still wrapped in plastic - but the intent was there - across the carpark were two measly "normal" charge points with a queue of drivers waiting their turn

And yet he constantly tells you he likes EV's he just accepts now he is leasing the wrong one. His affinity for Porche is costing him here. The thing with the lead wasn't about the length it was that his charge point was on the other wing so he had to turn around - dragging it over the wings and bonnet was a no-no. Anyone who has ever returned a lease car knows that the slightest mark bigger than a 10p coin and they start arguing about respraying whole panels and that.

Tesla do seem to have a much more comprehensive infrastructure and cars that run further and charge more quickly than the rest though I am not sure about costs of the vehicles and the cost of charging. Last autumn we went away and somewhere at some services on the way - I am thinking Tamworth though may have been further back and on the M1 - and there was a bank of a dozen Tesla chargers being installed. They weren't in use yet - still wrapped in plastic - but the intent was there - across the carpark were two measly "normal" charge points with a queue of drivers waiting their turn
agree his choice of EV was poor.

Been driving a Skoda Enyaq iV 80 since end of December and so far had no problems. I trickle charge overnight with a plug in charger which produces a 3.5kw charge. Ok it's not a quick charge but when i want a faster charge i go to Lidl where i use a 50kw charge which is a reasonable 26p per kw.

Now the weather is warmer i haven't been using the air con because that certainly zaps the batteries reducing the range. The Enyak's range is claimed to be 330 miles but that's obviously been done on a test track with no(extra) electric draining functions operating. Those claimed figures are false and simply not obtainable in normal driving conditions. I'm currently averaging between 3.1miles per KW to 3.5 miles per KW which is roughly 248 to 280 miles on a full charge. However, all EV manufacturers recommend charging the batteries to their optimum which is 80% and is what I'm charging to unless i intend driving on a long journey.

The question with EVs is how the energy is generated and supplied to the batteries?
The cost of mining the materials for the batteries is another factor.
Every time you convert one form of energy to another, around 10% is lost.
So to burn coal or gas to produce electricity immediately wastes 10% of that original form of energy.
If we are serious about EVs we need to be taking the bull by the horns and using nuclear energy to provide electricity for them.
In the end we will be forced into it.
It's all smoke and mirrors literally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.