Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant signing obviously, although I tend to agree with spitty that I'm not actually sure how much 'better' it makes us in the league. We are likely going to finish with more than 90 points this year anyway.

But stick him in vs Madrid and we win that tie comfortably.

Just off the top of my head -

We don’t get beat by Spurs (twice) and draw with Southampton if we have someone who buries chances like Erling does.

The biggest signing we’ve made on the playing side and perhaps surpassed only by Pep himself.

It’s not just the quality in front of goal he will bring in but the fear factor as well. Some teams will feel intimidated seeing him lining up to the point of being already beaten.

Not only that but opponents will put a couple of players on him which will open up the wide spots for our more creative players to run in to. If you’re Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish, Sterling etc then your eyes must be lighting up at the prospects this guy is going to bring.

Last edited:
Brilliant signing obviously, although I tend to agree with spitty that I'm not actually sure how much 'better' it makes us in the league. We are likely going to finish with more than 90 points this year anyway.

But stick him in vs Madrid and we win that tie comfortably.
We win the league a month or so earlier ; )

As Klopp says, he's a real beast. Almost unstoppable due to his physical attributes. Aligned with his technique and prowess in front of goal and you have a monster.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think he'll be top 3 strikers the Prem has ever seen.

Is it just me thinking they would've been far better off going for that Benfica lad Darwin? Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Liverpool shirt if any of our front 5 left this summer (or get him either way, the more the merrier!). When we passed on Haaland for Takumi I wondered why; then he went to Dortmund and the injury record plus the circus with his dad and the agent made me realise he's just not a Liverpool type. Way too much drama.
<LOLOLOLOLOL

For any scousers lurking, please digest the following (produced by your own no less Jan 2021).

Wait till you see what Stan Collymore & Phil Babb would cost in Modern money :-)

Andy Carroll

Original fee: £36.9m

Modern money: £101.6m

Transferred to: West Ham United

Original fee: £15.7m

Modern money: £28.8m

Perhaps the most infamous buy in the Reds’ recent history – and, in pure cash terms, one of the Premier League’s costliest ever mistakes.

Banking on an inflated fee from Chelsea for Torres, Kenny Dalglish agreed to pay over the odds for Newcastle cult hero Carroll.

But 11 goals in 58 matches was not a return which tallied up with a fee now worth over £100m.

Not that injuries, and tactics which often betrayed the big striker’s strengths, helped.

The memory of Carroll’s FA Cup semi-final winner against Everton remains treasured, but it was the archetypal flash in the pan.

And after loaning him to West Ham in August 2012, Liverpool took a huge hit the following summer in making that move permanent . . . at a loss worth £70m-plus today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.