West Ham (A) - Sun 15th May, 14:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerely hope you are right on the back 4 mate - fingers crossed!

Mahrez or Grealish for Sterling works better IMO ..

I would like to fit Gundog in there somewhere though.... don't know where?
Sterling will kill either full back with his pace yh I'd like to get gundogan in them too maybe for Jesus with bernie as false 9

Maybe it's already been asked, but why did Egan-Riley come on as a cb against Newcastle instead of Mbete? From my casual following of the eds I'd thought Mbete was our most developed young cb (not that they couldn't show otherwise in training with the senior squad)?

I'd almost rather have one of our young cbs pair with Ake if fit than Rodri, just to have Rodri at cover in his natural position of cdm. Yes, it might be throwing them in the deep end in a tight title race against Antonio and west ham, but if we have Ake back there to marshal the line and rodri in front to provide protection I feel like they should be able to perform. I feel like wolves' goal last night came partially because ferna and Laporte weren't on the same wavelength about who to cover as they broke forwards. Might still happen with a young cb, but seems more likely to happen when you have a midfielder covering as a cb.

West Ham are a better version of Wolves and play in a very similar fashion. They'll cause us more problems in transition and with their pace. No pressure on them, last home game of the season, the Noble send off etcetera all adds up to a tough game. They'll man mark Kev and deny us space. With our full side I'd back us but with our defensive problems I fear we may drop points. Win and it's as good as over, please God.
Wolves play 3-6-1,
West Ham play 4-2-3-1 ish.

They’re totally different to play against. West Ham are more about physicality and are more direct, with less pace.

Antonio is more of a handful than Jimenez, but he’s been run into the ground over the season.

Maybe it's already been asked, but why did Egan-Riley come on as a cb against Newcastle instead of Mbete? From my casual following of the eds I'd thought Mbete was our most developed young cb (not that they couldn't show otherwise in training with the senior squad)?

I'd almost rather have one of our young cbs pair with Ake if fit than Rodri, just to have Rodri at cover in his natural position of cdm. Yes, it might be throwing them in the deep end in a tight title race against Antonio and west ham, but if we have Ake back there to marshal the line and rodri in front to provide protection I feel like they should be able to perform. I feel like wolves' goal last night came partially because ferna and Laporte weren't on the same wavelength about who to cover as they broke forwards. Might still happen with a young cb, but seems more likely to happen when you have a midfielder covering as a cb.
I did wonder-isn’t Mbete left sided? That may’ve been a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.