Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Just seen this on Facebook.
Think some of our fans are ahead of the game on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510_223226_com.facebook.katana_edit_12097372161695.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510_223226_com.facebook.katana_edit_12097372161695.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 146
Absolutely stupid isn’t it?

To go along with the magnificent things this football club does, there are some very strange stupid and unfathomable decisions and goings on still.
Here’s my theory ……. the club have done their research and found that large groups of men aggressively belting out songs which are often insulting / profanity laden may deter ABC1s and their squeaky clean families from attending so they try to prevent this happening.

I love our stadium , but watching the spurs / arsenal derby tonight we have missed a trick in not having a stadium like that , Shirley we had enough land where the new concert venue is to build a world class stadium like spurs have ? Ours looks Tired from the outside , but far better on the inside , D’s need a “wall” end big time ?

It’s infuriating; someone actually thinks it’s a good idea to pump out dance music. Do someone like the 1894 group ever bring this up? Who decides the pre match entertainment. Maybe City Square should be the place for entertainment and let the ground take care of itself.
Agreed...just before kick off we struck into Blue Moon before the tannoy tune was pumped in...even the geordies shut up and listened...best raw...let us make the noise...

Spurs fans great tonight. But singing the same 4 songs over and again.
And all about Spurs. None of their funky little awayday ditties and players chants were sung at any point. That’s what makes a good home atmosphere. Songs that everyone in the stadium knows and loves. The classics.

Leeds are the same, great atmosphere there, but no more than about half a dozen songs to eight songs all about Leeds.

At City we’ve got this obsession of singing away day chants or alternative player chants that six people on a minibus made up and posted on Twitter six months ago and only a handful of people know about it and 95% of the stadium haven’t got a clue what the words are and never ever spread outside a block and a half of SSL1.

SSL3 have really highlighted this in the Liverpool Madrid and Newcastle games where SSL1 are singing something that nobody is ever going to join in with around the ground, SSL3 have belted out a City classic and the whole stadium joins in.

I know I keep posting this list, but if SSL1 solely sung these songs over and over again, we’d have a hugely better atmosphere:
Blue Moon
City City, The Best Team In The Land And All The World
City, We’re From Manchester
(Go West)
We Love You City
We’re The Pride Of Manchester
Oh Man City, The Only Football Team To Come From Manchester
Na na na na na na na na City
City ’Til I Die
We All Follow Man City, Over Land And Sea
Oh When The Blues Go Marching In
You Are My City
We are City from Maine Road

We’ve arguably had the best away fans in the country this season, but away and home atmospheres are very very different things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.