Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a theory I'd like to test out on you. Last night, I watched the match on French television. They did a little piece before the match as to whether ‘neutrals’ wanted City or Liverpool to win the league. They did brief, very superficial, interviews with people, in what appeared to be some sort of café, in London, I would have said, going on the accents. The majority opted for Liverpool. In Europe, by the way, Liverpool are loved by anyone who hasn't had to actually deal with them. That's been my experience. French journalists, and I suspect Spanish, Italian, German ones, have no idea whatsoever that “You'll never walk alone” was not originally a Liverpool song, and certainly wasn't exclusively their song through the sixties.
Here's the thing. My firm conviction is that, among people who don't support a follow a football club in England, who just sort of watch the game casually, on tv, who don't have any deep knowledge of the game, and certainly no real knowledge of its more-than-a-hundred-year old history, a majority like Liverpool and generally want them to win both in Europe and England. Without being aware of it, they've bought into the relentless bigging up of good old LFC by the press and media, along with how tragic Hillsborough was (without there ever – and I mean ever – being any mention of Heysel by that same press and media). I've got a friend who answers exactly to that description. He doesn't attend matches and isn't really what I would call a football fan. As I say, he just casually watches matches on a screen from time to time. He says he likes Liverpool, with no particular explanation. He's never been anywhere near Anfield, of course, or even set foot in the city of Liverpool, as far as I know. He's certainly never had to walk across Stanley Park as an opposing supporter at 5 pm after full time, watching his back like a hawk for a brick being hurled into it.
But my equally firm conviction is that amongst proper supporters of other clubs there is an almost universal hatred for Liverpool, because they've had actual contact with Liverpool fans and have had direct experience of what they're like. We're obviously resented among many of those fans, we know why, although many will concede that the older City fans they've met are sound; but there's a special and unique level of hatred for LFC. I don't have a single mate who actually knows his football, whichever club he supports, who doesn't intensely dislike Liverpool. And I don't think they're saying it for my benefit.

Well let’s see what Parisian’s think of them by the end of the month…..

My dentist is a Liverpool fan: He is the only fan of them I can have a decent discussion about football with. He was quite supportive of City after the first leg of the CL semi. He was convinced we would go through. Apart from his prices and filling / scale and polish technique he is a lovely bloke.

My best mate is an armchair Lpool fan and is a complete and utter cock when it comes to Lpool.
I have known him 15 years , never been to Anfield in all that time but had a season ticket for one season when they won the CL in Istanbul. After that he felt he didn’t need to go again as that was the pinnacle. He is a fucking great bloke but an absolute cock when it comes to football.

One of my brother's best mates is a Liverpool fan and a rare nice one. He doesn't act like a **** when they beat us in the Derby. In fairness, his uncle played for Liverpool so he kind of has to be a fan.

Let's hope they trip up on Saturday.

Chelsea despite being poor of late will be up for this without a doubt. Hopefully Tuchel can rally his troops albeit he will need to sort out that porous defence to deny the Dippers.

In fairness, if Tuchel can win this one, I think they’ll fold in the CL. And Touchel will have had a better season.

Funny post on RAWK...

"The Mancs have been rancid since Ferguson bailed on them, but it's ok because Abu Dhabi are stopping the Scousers winning the titles they fully deserve."

If they didn't score enough points how did they fully deserve the titles???

How many times have they finished above liverpool in that time?

All the Liverpool fans I know are decent people. I, unlike mostly everyone on here, don't dislike them that much. I have too much hatred of the Rags. Liverpool, for me, pale into insignificance compared to those cunts. I know the people on RAWK are arseholes, but they're not representative of the Liverpool fans I know personally. Just like people on here aren't representative of the City fans I know and who I go to games with.

I genuinely hope they win the CL final as I'd rather they win it than Madrid - fuck Madrid.

However, we have absolutely got to win the league. Oh, and I hope Chelsea win the FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.