Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
United fans, Real Madrid fans, and Liverpool fans laughing at us, saying we are a 'STEPPING STONE' club.
And do you care because? Was United a stepping stone with Ronaldo etc? Liverpool with Coutinho etc? They’re gonna always find a way to make themselves feel better no matter how much more mediocre they are. And tell me, who do you think can pay a release clause significantly higher than €150M (which is the unconfirmed rumor from the Telegraph you talk about) plus agent fees?! Lol

United fans, Real Madrid fans, and Liverpool fans laughing at us, saying we are a 'STEPPING STONE' club.
Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne etc etc, all laugh and shake their heads.

If you believe the crap spouted, especially by United fans, then there's not much to say.

£51m for the best prospect on the planet, and he's signed for 5 years with no release clause (as pointed out, we don't do them) - it's all bitterness that we are the best team on the pitch, in management, and in the support infrastructure, and to top it all Erling is a real boyhood blue, rather than the pathetic 'I always dreamed of playing for United/Liverpool/RM' crap they continuously hark on about.

Get a bloody grip, and just smirk and smile gently at whomever you are interacting with. It's all they have - bitterness and refusal to accept reality has moved on.

I swear I heard Sky claiming this morning (on TV) that City had confirmed a release clause of between €150 and €200 million? They don't seem to have repeated it, perhaps it was one of the guys they were chatting to as it's not posted anywhere else.
Like I just said, who do people think can pay that + fees. Only PSG lol, and he’s not moving there anytime soon. It’s merely a formality and even less relevant with Raiola gone. If our fans let this be a ghost haunting us, we’re being foolish

And they are correct.............................What they fail to grasp is that we're using them as stepping stones.

If memory serves, any player that has gone from us to a so called bigger club has done so for 2 reasons.
1. Failed to settle here
2. Werent good enough

Last edited:
And do you care because? Was United a stepping stone with Ronaldo etc? Liverpool with Coutinho etc? They’re gonna always find a way to make themselves feel better no matter how much more mediocre they are. And tell me, who do you think can pay a release clause significantly higher than €150M (which is the unconfirmed rumor from the Telegraph you talk about) plus agent
My point is if Haaland chose us due to emotional reasons what's the point of a Release Clause which kicks in just when Benzema leaves. Why sign a half-committed player when we could have gone for Darwin Nunez or Harry Kane?

My point is if Haaland chose us due to emotional reasons what's the point of a Release Clause which kicks in just when Benzema leaves. Why sign a half-committed player when we could have gone for Darwin Nunez or Harry Kane?

Definitely how i feel now, I think we should've maybe tried to go a different route.... not Kane because too expensive and his age.

Knowing what I do now though I think I would've gone for Nunez.

M
Mate, every club is a stepping stone club! Why would it be any different with Nunez if we bought him instead?It’s just a job to the majority of players!

If we’d got Kane it would be expressed in the media as “one last payday”. Who cares? If he goes, he goes but let’s enjoy it while it lasts, he’s not even here yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.