West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Ings could have scored 2 easily vs Pool the other week. he fucked the chances up but he was going for it. him against Fernandinho is as bad idea as it gets....
not mentioning the speed of Watkins.
This is my worry too, they play on the break with pace. Fingers crossed Walker was being honest about his chances of playing.

No one is completely fresh at this point. I’m boring myself now. No subs was ridiculous and could have cost us the game.
The 11 that threw the first half pulled it back in the second, and actually should have won it.

In hindsight, I for 1 am glad Pep didn't change it.

No guarantee with any changes and we may well have lost that game with the strongest available 11 on the pitch at the end.

Come on you Saints!

Think of it this way. If we had lost 2 nil the dippers could have gone back on top Tuesday by beating Southampton 5 nil. They can on Tuesday but can’t go top now. Firmly in our hands
Yep. We need to forget the penalty miss, as infuriating as it was.
At half time we were staring down the barrel of defeat, that point could prove to be so valuable!

I’d probably have taken a point before the game and I’d have definitely taken a point at half time

we’ll beat Villa. Forget all the Gerrard nonsense, he won’t be able to influence his players most of who couldn’t care less who wins the league

I’ve got a completely illogical thought that Southampton will beat Liverpool and we’ll be champions before we kick a ball

Been out all day and just got back in without much info due to a family meeting, i got one update with the score at 2.0 and thought shit we have blown it big time and the dippers will batter Southampton in midweek and control the title ?

Well mixed emotions finding out we got back into the game but missed a pen to win the game ?
But I truly would have taken the point before kick off and after being 2 down it's a big point, all we can ask is having it in our own hands at home

The only reason Liverpool won a title in Pep’s era was Pep’s insistence on playing Dinho at CB, and today we had to endure more of it.

but it would be unfair to blame Dinho, and Cancelo did sweet fuck all to help him. He’s been shot for a month now. This is going to sound ridiculous but it’s in this last month we’ve really paid for that prick mendy letting us down. Until now it’s been a non issue but it’s clear the season is wearing on Cancelo and Walker obvs.

we were under so much pressure because Jack and Mahrez don’t defend like sterling and foden. It was maddening for Pep to not try ease the pressure with the subs from a purely defensive pov.

A draw is probably better for morale, but in an odd way I think a loss may have made it harder for Liverpool, who would have had no choice but to try to Southampton for 7 goals and expose themselves defensively.

That said, it’s in our hands and I back kdb and foden to do the job for us on Sunday.

I must admit that at half time I was enraged that we could concede so easily, yet have so much of the play without really giving the Hammers defence too many problems.
Apologies to those BM`s who I upset at half time but I was so disappointed with some woeful performances that I just imploded.
Fast forward to the second half and by fuck Pep must have given them a right bollocking at half time.
We were a lot better and so unlucky not to get the three points and as much as I slagged FFS off, he was not the only one who could have won it for us.
Can we really expect the Saints to beat the Dippers ?? Sorry not for me so FFS City lets give that Scouse cockwomble Gerrard a fucking real bloody nose next Sunday.
Always great to see the term cockwomble used, nice one Oakie enjoy next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.