West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

I think all that is a sign of how good you are - not a sign of how we set up.
You’re literally blowing teams away lately scoring 4/5 and stuffing them.
So yes of course we’re gonna be on the back-foot, of course we’re gonna have rare chances to get forward and of course I’m gonna whistle like hell to get a point of City!

Ah now why can't you come at us and play like Wolves and Leeds? A nice open football match is all we're asking for…

Reactions: mat
That second goal today shouldn’t go in though. It’s a chance certainly but he doesn’t save us when needed. Look at Allison yesterday. There when called upon numerous times. 100% of the shots he faced today went in and not for the first time. People defend him because they aren’t howlers but similarly if he saved that second today you would t go wow what a save. I don’t know what the answer is but for now I’d just love our goalkeeper to keep goal.

We don't see eye to eye but I'm with you on this one.

Funny how VAR uses an accurate freeze frame when the ball is about to be released for Bowens 1st goal, but previously used an inaccurate freeze frame after the ball leaves KdB's feet to then put Sterling offside for the winner against the dippers.
aT8csLU.gif

Last edited:
While obviously not as bad, at times he reminds me of that useless lump Margetson we used to have in goal. You see a shot or a header, think, "He must save that" then groan as you realise it's gone in.
How many times this season have we been giving someone a battering and, whoa, they take the lead or peg us back? I think there isn't a team in the PL who couldn't score against us! It might be the price you pay for possession football and a whole team emphasis on attack.

Funny how VAR uses an accurate freeze frame when the ball is about to be released for Bowens 1st goal, but previously used an inaccurate freeze frame after the ball leaves the feet to put Sterling offside for the winner against the dippers.
aT8csLU.gif
I looked at the highlights on the OS and each time I thought "Offside!" Makes yer wonder whether the identical system is used match in and match out.

How many times this season have we been giving someone a battering and, whoa, they take the lead or peg us back? I think there isn't a team in the PL who couldn't score against us! It might be the price you pay for possession football and a whole team emphasis on attack.

Yes there is that and we have to take into account the defenders missing today. With that in mind surely we can work on not playing so open as to get caught out so easily for their goals. We have the quality to hurt teams, just don't make it easy for them to hurt us.

Anybody on here not happy to have it in our own hands with one home game to play should give your head a wobble
the fact we had to dig so deep in the 2nd half still to have it in our own court speaks volumes, so well done to the boys,

also, i feared city having it in the so-called bank if we won, and we could have turned off vs villa and playing out a boring draw only for them to score on the break and with liverpool winning 6.0 vs wolves going with Liverpool thumping Southampton midweek and city would be facing needing a result better than Liverpool

i always feel better city having to win a game than looking over our shoulders at others

Last edited:
Ederson 6/10 - Probably could have done better for the first goal but not sure what he could do about the second

Cancelo 5/10 - Don't trust him at right back at all, passing choices were poor in the final third
Fernandinho 3/10 - It's just sad now, he shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch next week
Laporte 5/10 - Lost for both their goals, don't really trust him at the moment
Zinchenko 6/10 - was pretty handy offensively but was caught napping for both their goals

Rodri 6/10 - didn't do much wrong or right, he was just okay
De Bruyne 5/10 - tried to force it too often and gave the ball away quite a lot
Bernardo 6/10 - looked busy but doesn't really impose himself when Kevin's playing

Grealish 8/10 - took his goal well and was the only midfielder trying to drive the game forward
Jesus 7/10 - kept them occupied and should have had a penalty in the first half
Mahrez 5/10 - usually so dependable this season but went hiding today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.