West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Why aren’t Peps assistants and the analyst team telling pep that when u play a 37 year old midfielder in CB and u have a pace and power player like Antonio running at u it would cause problems? Don’t need to be a genius to figure it out. Either that or they are a bunch of yes men.

Some might say they took that into consideration? Well did they? We are basically telling a counter attacking have fun playing someone who has such slow pace and is positionally minded to think like a midfielder.

That was a strange game that. At HT I was happy it was 'only' 2-0 to be honest as they could've had more. Our defence was so poor that I wondered whether a youth player could really not do as well as the ones on the pitch. As much as I love Fernandinho, his legs have done - simple as that. By FT I was annoyed that we hadn't won the game! Antonio was ripping us a new one - no surprise as he was up against a 37 year old, but it was clear that Antonio/Bowen were the problems and we were happy to let our threadbare defence try to control them.

Of course, we've seen this game before - we have loads of the ball, can't get it into the net and lo and behold they have 2 chances and score 2 goals. One thing Pep has struggled with since day 1, and is still struggling with, is that we are so open to the ball over the top. I don't know what the answer is, but it is infuriating. I think if we had Dias/Stones in there it would be a different matter but once these two aren't playing the others don't like stepping up. Laporte hasn't 'grown' as a player for me since he joined. He doesn't lead, even when there's no leaders around him. Cancelo had one of them games that makes me scratch my head why he's in the PL POTS awards.

I also thought Ederson had another decidedly average game. There's going to come a point with him where he needs to be dropped to shake his game up. EVERY keeper in the PL now is playing with their feet. Ederson is still the best at this, but I honestly just don't expect him to save much. Sure he will pull out the odd good save, but it's rare. He's not at Bravo levels, but I want more off him. Just as other keepers are learning to play with their feet, he needs to step up the saving part of his game. He's on easy street in my book and I think Pep needs to shove one of the flares that get chucked onto the pitch up his arse to wake him up a bit.

I thought Grealish really stepped up second half - he seemed to be a leader today and was trying everything to get past their 9 defenders in the box. I hope the goal gives him the confidence he needs. I was frustrated with the subs too. I thought Gundogan should've come on as he's a clever player and able to pick out the kind of pass that can unlock the defence, or nick a goal.

On to West Ham. To be fair, why would anyone - apart from Liverpool and Chelsea - try to 'out football' us? Ask Leeds and Wolves what happens when you try that. They had a good gameplan and it almost worked. I must say that I saw FAR more organisation from West Ham/Moyes than I've seen under that clown Rangnick at Old Trafford.

I thought Bowen was superb. He had 2 chances and finished them with perfectly timed runs. He looks a very good player and I can see why he's getting called up for England and linked to Liverpool.

The final day game will be 'exciting' if nothing else! Let's be honest, we've more than enough to beat them. If we can't beat Villa at home when we have the PL title to play for, we just don't deserve it.

I fully expect us to go out next week and rip into Villa and get an early goal. I think we'll win the game comfortably!

COME ON CITY!

Zinchenko was absolutely embarrassing to watch it was almost self sabotage like. He was getting beat in pretty much every way on the 1v1 in the air, on ground, in duals fighting to keep the ball, passing was off too. Laporte had to cover for him and ferna. Simply being a hard worker isn’t good enough for our club, that is the prerequisite, still i love the guy but think it might be best for all parties to part ways

Through Fernas’s legs but pretty tame and straight at him. Awful keeping.
If, in the moment, you think the ref is going to blow for offside and he doesn't , you can be caught napping.
I think the refereeing performance warranted no more than 5/10 today at best. It took a var intervention to get the man to award a stone waller today

It was a clear trip in real time. If VAR hadn't told the ref to look at the monitor and consider overturning his decision it would have left the PiGMOL wide open to calls of corruption.
So was the one in the first half on Jesus, but they didn't give that.

And not only that, but they actually gave us a penalty in the 85th minute of a crunch game and you're still calling corruption! Hahaha.

We did it before against QPR and West ham we'll do it again next week against Villa,nuff said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.