31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with Eddie is that he fails to stop many chances which a decent keeper should save, but are not necessarily classed as howlers. Bowen’s second goal for example was a save he should be making but ended up in the back of the net.

IMO, this season has shown that Eddie is a keeper that won’t really cost us many points whereas Allison is a keeper who will actively save his side points.

Maybe take a look at how Alisson performed away at West Ham this season and how many points he actively saved for his side

A bad keeper doesn't win the Golden Gloves award two seasons on the trot.

And to say Ederson has been poor he's level with Alisson with 20 clean sheets, and Alisson has another game midweek he could quite easily concede in. If that happens then Eddie will probably pick up the award for the third season on the trot, not bad for a "shit keeper"! Eh?

Those of you say Eddie isn't a good shot stopper, well ok, he isn't the best. De Gea(8) and Kasper Schmeichel(7) are both better shot stoppers but they have only kept 15 clean sheets in PL games between them.

Ederson has his faults but don't let his recent howlers cloud your minds. He's saved us from lots of goals many times since he's been here, and set up many attacks, let's not forget that.

And most who say they want him out don't name a keeper who will be a better fit for us.

Nick Pope? Lol.

Our clean sheet record or Ederson's golden gloves is more conducive to the way we play than goalkeeping brilliance. It's simple maths; keep more of the ball and you'll concede fewer chances and subsequent goals.

The truth is, sadly, Ederson is probably the biggest reason we haven't won the UCL yet. We've never lacked ability to score goals but he's always be suspect in those games. Spurs both legs were horror shows, Lyon was diabolical, should've conceded against Bellingham and we conceded 6 against Madrid and I can recall maybe 1 big save in all those games.

He's a poor shot stopper, he won't win us any points. The best thing we can hope for is he doesn't cost us many.

Our clean sheet record or Ederson's golden gloves is more conducive to the way we play than goalkeeping brilliance. It's simple maths; keep more of the ball and you'll concede fewer chances and subsequent goals.

The truth is, sadly, Ederson is probably the biggest reason we haven't won the UCL yet. We've never lacked ability to score goals but he's always be suspect in those games. Spurs both legs were horror shows, Lyon was diabolical, should've conceded against Bellingham and we conceded 6 against Madrid and I can recall maybe 1 big save in all those games.

He's a poor shot stopper, he won't win us any points. The best thing we can hope for is he doesn't cost us many.

Yes. That’s the reality. Thank you.

I think the problem is that he doesn't get many shots at him, so every time he does concede it feels like he hasn't made any saves, add to the fact that the way we play defensive, shots against us are normally one on one's or very good chances for the attacker.

While allision I agree is a better shot stopper, he's also worse than Ederson with his feet, we even saw what a team with a high press can do against him when we played them last season at anfield.

And IMO, Ederson's biggest advantage for us is not only in the build up play from the back and the fact he can ping balls about, but the fact that players just won't press him at all, with gives us a very valuable get out of jail free card in scenarios which we find out way into by playing the type of possession game that we do.

What about Ederson's save last week? That gave us a clean sheet and has helped with our goal difference. Alisson wasn't too clever last season and has had a few howlers along the way. Be very careful for what you wish for.
The flag was up and it was offside.

No he's not the biggest reason we haven't won the CL. Pep's overthinking and bizzare formations against Monaco Lyon and Chelsea cost us. Liverpool's ferel fans pre meditated antics on smashing our coach up cost us, and VAR and UEFA cost us by ruling out Sterling's late winner against Spurs.

But hey ho, let's all blame Ederson as "the biggest reason". Lol.

A bad keeper doesn't win the Golden Gloves award two seasons on the trot.

And to say Ederson has been poor he's level with Alisson with 20 clean sheets, and Alisson has another game midweek he could quite easily concede in. If that happens then Eddie will probably pick up the award for the third season on the trot, not bad for a "shit keeper"! Eh?

Those of you say Eddie isn't a good shot stopper, well ok, he isn't the best. De Gea(8) and Kasper Schmeichel(7) are both better shot stoppers but they have only kept 15 clean sheets in PL games between them.

Ederson has his faults but don't let his recent howlers cloud your minds. He's saved us from lots of goals many times since he's been here, and set up many attacks, let's not forget that.

And most who say they want him out don't name a keeper who will be a better fit for us.

Nick Pope? Lol.
So because we score the most goals then we don’t need Haaland by your logic?

We concede the fewest goals because we have 80% possession half the time and therefore concede the fewest shots. We’ve also only conceded once from a set play all season, that’s because we have the best defence. Eddie isn’t exactly pulling off worldies every week to maintain these clean sheets is he? In fact I reckon I could have had a few clean sheets this season in net for City as a couple of times we’ve conceded zero shots on target.

We concede the fewest goals because we have 80% possession half the time and therefore concede the fewest shots. We’ve also only conceded once from a set play all season, that’s because we have the best defence. Eddie isn’t exactly pulling off worldies every week to maintain these clean sheets is he? In fact I reckon I could have had a few clean sheets this season in net for City as a couple of times we’ve conceded zero shots on target.

But one of the reasons that we have 80% possession half the time and therefore concede the fewest shots is that we have Ederson in goal

Last edited:

Of course we need Haaland. You're right, Ederson doesn't have to pull of worldies when we've been solid in defence but i maintain he's saved more goals than he's conceded. How many times has he raced off his line to snuff out danger?

Do you want us to sell him? if so which keeper fits how we play better and is a better all round keeper than Eddie?

But one of the reasons that we have 80% possession half the time and therefore concede the freshest shots is that we have Ederson in goal
Yes which I is why I’d sack the GK coach and bring someone in to get Eddie back to his levels from 3 or 4 years ago. He arrived as a very good shot stopper. He is no longer a very good shot stopper. That’s a coaching issue for me rather than talent issue, but something clearly isn’t right at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.