Sunday May 22nd v Villa - Minutes silence?

levets

Team supported
City
Seen a few posts/thread asking for a raucous atmosphere. We must remember that Sunday is also the 5th anniversary of the murder of 22 innocent souls in our City. I expect there will be a minutes silence and hope the staff on the concourse advise both sets of fans accordingly.

If we are having a minutes silence, start telling everyone now (not you the authorities)
Then as soon as we have paid our respects, go mental.
I know this game is huge but I think we should have a minutes silence, I did not know the date, it will remind us all of a horrific event.

Great call but the club/press need to publicise it properly beforehand.
That’s my worry… we don’t want another shambles like Wembley when nobody knew what was happening. A lot of us will be well drunk and boisterous, ready for the game. So I hope the club announces there will be (as there SHOULD be) a minutes silence. The world will be watching. Anybody from 1894 planning anything to commemorate this tragedy. Can @Prestwich_Blue find out if anything is planned via his club contacts?

Last edited:
Colours to the mast, like many on here I hate the 'minutes applause' that has crept into modern life. Diana lives on eh?
This time though I do think it would be for the better - quite a few will be pissed up and will easily forget where they are and what's going on.
Imagine the 'outrage' in the scum/dipper media if we disrespected a minutes silence?

Colours to the mast, like many on here I hate the 'minutes applause' that has crept into modern life. Diana lives on eh?
This time though I do think it would be for the better - quite a few will be pissed up and will easily forget where they are and what's going on.
Imagine the 'outrage' in the scum/dipper media if we disrespected a minutes silence?
The minutes applause is fine for people who have lived a full life and not died in tragic circumstances. But I hate the concept for people who have had their lives cut short at a young age. But it might be the better option given how wound up the crowd will be on Sunday

That’s my concern too. So many will have been on the piss from early doors, ready for the game. All wound up and ready to raise the roof, as you say, people will be oblivious to what’s going on; and imagine the media shitstorm if we disrespect remembrance for 22 murdered in our own City. Doesn’t bear thinking about. It DOES need to be remembered though, in some way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.