It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Stop peddling the myth that they had poor first seasons.... Don't try and bolster a poor start by Grealish by diminishing other players....
By your reckoning, if we have five new players who all take at least a year to perform...we may as well forgo next season. Behave.

Jack himself admitted it taken time for him to settle and alluded to other players taking time as well. ( I will post that video interview when I find it online!)

Where did I say he is having a poor season? - there is a difference clearly . Well done - not understanding my point.

Jack himself admitted it taken time for him to settle and alluded to other players taking time as well. ( I will post that video interview when I find it online!)

Where did I say he is having a poor season? - there is a difference clearly . Well done - not understanding my point.
You didn't say he had had a poor season. But I did. Well done for not understanding my point....

I’d say all of them have, quality players who they have made a profit on, broke probably around even and one that looks like a huge amount of equity.

The economics and business model of that club, is a lot different to ours.

However, where they cannot compete with us on certain players. They have created a system where we struggle to compete with them (huge potential types, wanting guaranteed gametime).

No doubt they would love our turnover etc. which would allow them to compete with Bayern. But without that they have created their own niche.

The sales have been a success story. But they have had some "juwels" that did not really work and they have not build into a working structure of reliable, established players or a winning culture. Too much players that are "satisfied" or just talk about wanting to get champion whenever Bayern gives them a chance - but not really working for it...

Yes, they for sure do not have your (or Bayern's) turnover - like that they aren't expected to win every second year or so - but once in 10 years when Bayern shows weaknesses... (and that they have done sometimes in the recent years). There might be a big distance in turnover between Bayern and BVB - but there is an as big distance between BVB and the rest of the pack. And you do not lose championship because of 2 matches a year against Bayern...

Stop peddling the myth that they had poor first seasons.... Don't try and bolster a poor start by Grealish by diminishing other players....
By your reckoning, if we have five new players who all take at least a year to perform...we may as well forgo next season. Behave.
Not really a myth tho is it just because it doesn’t match your opinion?

Cancelo was horrible in his first season, Mahrez & Bernardo both disappointed me in their first season.

Both did ok, but Was expecting more having seen them play far better the previous season, much the same as Grealish this season

I think he’s done ok, but I hope he has as much improvement as Bernardo, Mahrez & Cancelo did in their second seasons

No chance, he is incredibly injury prone, not someone you can rely for fluid passing and build up, and neither can he play as a defensive midfielder, he's more of a box to box.
Yep, he's 31 and has clocked up a lot of miles over his career. Too late to go after him now.

If i'm correct, Barcelona still haven't paid the first installment of Ferran Torres deal and owe us 14mil. If they can't pay it, would that make it easier for us to get De Jong because we'd have leverage?
Out of interest, what makes you think they haven't paid it?

I can't see it having any bearing on De Jong regardless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.