The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if you Really want to torture yourself, try this. Imagine needing a goal with 10 minutes to go, and watching Pep refusing to make substitutions or change things up. Then go and imagine the QPR game with no substitutions. Take it away.
I don't need any encouragement, this is one of the many different awful scenarios going through my head.

Since 2012 we have gone into the final day 3 times out of the 5 league titles we have won needing to win the final game and done it. Either we are due one to blow up in our faces or City go out and do the business. Fuck Liverpool they’d rather be in our position right now.
All the hard yards we put in this season and the disappointment of Madrid etc Pep will have the players fired up like nothing else. The crowd will be up for it. The squad is more than capable quality wise to get the job done. Mentality the hunger will be there. This team is possibly the best we’ve had, they’ll get the job done

Is there such a thing? as 'due one'? If we had failed to win any or all of those 3, would we win this one because we are due it, or would we bottle it because we had form bottling them.
I hope it doesn’t exist, go about our business and take Villa apart within the first half hour. Statistically we’ve had one situation 10 years ago where we were chasing the result in the final moments. The others were not in question by the end of the first half.

Is there such a thing? as 'due one'? If we had failed to win any or all of those 3, would we win this one because we are due it, or would we bottle it because we had form bottling them.
Think he means by law of averages we could be due to lose one. I mean if you told me in the next 10 seasons we’ll go down to the last day needing to win the game to win the league every season I wouldn’t say ok we’ll win it every year so. Law of averages dictate we’d have to lose one along the line somewhere.

Nothing much has changed. Goal difference is no longer a consideration (by the way, Liverpool did not score the nine goals that people were hallucinating about). For goal difference to come into play, we'd have to lose, and the dippers draw.
Neither is going to happen. Steady as she goes. This is not like ten years ago. The team and club were totally inexperienced at being in that position in the PL at that point. This team (and the club) have made a habit of collecting titles since then.
Let's do this, and let the party commence…

Oh please, we dropped points against west ham because we missed a penalty, not because of the referee.

We were abject at home to spurs and palace and cost ourselves points, not the refs fault again.

If we lose the league on sunday it will because we dropped points through our own mistakes.

Let's not start playing the victim, it isn't our style leave that to the rags and cultfc
If City didn't commit mistakes, we would be sitting on 114 points at the end of the season.and beat Madrid 7-2 at home.

The whole point is, like any set of human being, and despite being clearly the best team in Europe, the City players will have off days and the odd slipup.

That's where uneven refereeing comes in - the odd "mistake, or "erroneous" VAR offside frame in a Liverpool 6 pointer, or Madrid getting a crucial penalty that we would never get ourselves.....they all add up.

I don't need any encouragement, this is one of the many different awful scenarios going through my head.

The other one I once heard suggested was Sergio goes down in the area. Penalty. Mario steps up to take it with his usual nonchalance and then balloons it over the bar. And walks away with that puzzled look on his face, wondering what everyone's getting worked up about.
We do love to torture ourselves here on Bluemoon…

All the hard yards we put in this season and the disappointment of Madrid etc Pep will have the players fired up like nothing else. The crowd will be up for it. The squad is more than capable quality wise to get the job done. Mentality the hunger will be there. This team is possibly the best we’ve had, they’ll get the job done
I read “fired up like nothing else” and just think red card in first 5 minutes.
It’s going to be a long few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.