Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s a good result for tomorrow’s Villa match. Other than the hope that key players are selected and pick up knocks will the result make any difference to Sunday?
Feel like I'm in the minority but I don't think it'll have much of an influence on it at all. They're finishing midtable regardless; tomorrow's game could impact them physically but mentally Sunday will be viewed in complete isolation. It's a free hit for them but they'll want to play a role in deciding the title just like any other team would in their position on the final day

Feel like I'm in the minority but I don't think it'll have much of an influence on it at all. They're finishing midtable regardless; tomorrow's game could impact them physically but mentally Sunday will be viewed in complete isolation. It's a free hit for them but they'll want to play a role in deciding the title just like any other team would in their position on the final day
It’s fan mentality.

Any player or manager who has a history of the club we need to finish in front of creates subplots.

Most of us on here are old bastards who have been through the mill and we’ll all think that any connection means certain defeat because of said connections.

In reality, it probably has no influence on the result, but if we don’t win, it’s a perfect thing to blame.

That and Sterling, no doubt.

I can’t wait to win on Sunday and for Madrid to spank the dippers in the CL final. They’ve been struggling to win games for quite some time now - winning by one-goal margins. Yet the media and their fans still have hopes of the quadruple. It’s going to break so many dipper hearts having the league and CL claimed by us and Madrid in the final two games of the season. I absolutely cannot wait!!!

No, they make more than one trophy and they also set up a trophy podium at each location
More dramatic having the helicopter flying in with it, though. Remember them doing that once with the old Sunday League trophy in the cricket.

It’s just as, if not more likely, that he plays his first XI tomorrow and rotates against us as he’s more likely to gain points for his team that way.
I agree. If we were playing Thursday/Sunday Pep would normally make a few changes to the starting line up. When we played Brighton followed by Watford on Wednesday/ Saturday recently he made 6 changes.

I expect Gerrard to play a marginally stronger team against Burnley. It’s their last home game of the season, they’re more likely to win it. They would move 3 places up the table if Palace don’t win. I think it’s much more important to Gerrard to be seen to have done a decent job at Villa than for Liverpool to win the title. They were 16th when he took over, they’re now 14th which isn’t much of an improvement. But if they finish say 11th or 12th that would be an acceptable outcome for him. The sort of placing they would have expected when he was appointed.

Most of his changes will be based on the relative strength of Burnley and City and the tactics he he’s going to use in those two games. He’ll be hoping to take the game to Burnley whilst needing to combat their physical approach. Against City it’s going to be about defending deep and counter attacking. They’ll probable play an extra defender or two against City and opt for pace up front.

I agree. If we were playing Thursday/Sunday Pep would normally make a few changes to the starting line up. When we played Brighton followed by Watford on Wednesday/ Saturday recently he made 6 changes.

I expect Gerrard to play a marginally stronger team against Burnley. It’s their last home game of the season, they’re more likely to win it. They would move 3 places up the table if Palace don’t win. I think it’s much more important to Gerrard to be seen to have done a decent job at Villa than for Liverpool to win the title. They were 16th when he took over, they’re now 14th which isn’t much of an improvement. But if they finish say 11th or 12th that would be an acceptable outcome for him. The sort of placing they would have expected when he was appointed.

Most of his changes will be based on the relative strength of Burnley and City and the tactics he he’s going to use in those two games. He’ll be hoping to take the game to Burnley whilst needing to combat their physical approach. Against City it’s going to be about defending deep and counter attacking. They’ll probable play an extra defender or two against City and opt for pace up front.

Nahh he will just say Watkins and coutinho are not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.