It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Undewhelming names aren't always underwhelming players. In fact with City over recent years they are rarely underwhelming players.
Listen, I draw the line at Kalvin Phillips. I have seen him enough with my own eyes to know what I think of him. I went and checked the history of his stats as well. That’s my opinion. There is no amount of “Pep wants him”, “Bielsa rated him highly” or “he’ll magically improve like X example” that will change my mind

I swear if tonight Mike Keegan published a story saying Laporte wants out and Pep asked for Harry Maguire to replace him I’d see apologists and a torrent of “they’re shit but he’ll return to form with Pep” and “actually…” right away. Lol

But we can’t have two people of that quality in that position imo? Rodri is the number one for big games if fit so another £60m sits on a bench most of the time? Wouldn’t work at all and @tolmie's hairdoo said the club have been watching Phillips over the last 2-3 years and pep really rates him?
Tell that to Klopp

But we can’t have two people of that quality in that position imo? Rodri is the number one for big games if fit so another £60m sits on a bench most of the time? Wouldn’t work at all and @tolmie's hairdoo said the club have been watching Phillips over the last 2-3 years and pep really rates him?
He's 26, 27 this year and would cost a hell of a lot of money. For someone who is going to play second fiddle to Rodri (as thats all he will be), its a very expensive back up and a player we will get no value out of long term. Invest that money in a younger DM with potential to develop and challenge Rodri in a few years whilst offering a good option as backup now.

Salah or Mane will have the scousers boiling, Fernandes or De Gea as back up to Eddie and Gundo the scum, but I reckon it's Son from Spurs
Son has 3 years left on his contract. He will cost over £100m, he will demand minimum £15m a year over a 4/5 year contract and he turns 30 in July. I can't see it

We asked to be kept updated on Kalvin last summer, the admiration from Txiki and Pep is there.

Biesla gave a glowing endorsement and said he has more levels to show.

City do have a third deal all tied with a bow, so can't discount this is it.

Third deal done? Does that mean just personal terms or we've agreed a fee with the players club as well?

Ahh well. Hopefully Bellingham next year then.

So Haaland , Alvarez , Cucurella & one of Phillips / Nunes ?

Out - Jesus , Fernandinho

IF Gundo, Bernie stay - ok with that then. Always can be better - but it is what it is.

Apart from Haaland , they maybe squad players but they would be happy to be squad players similar to Zini but with enough quality to successfully rotate so that we can go late into all 4 competitions with less injuries and manage minutes.

Bellingham next year would be ideal. Others will be dependent on the status of Raz and Mahrez ( I assume Gundo will definitely leave)
Exactly my thoughts. Lets not forget we are starting from a very high level so improving dm left back and striker even a liitle is good and Haaland improves us a lot.

Listen, I draw the line at Kalvin Phillips. I have seen him enough with my own eyes to know what I think of him. I went and checked the history of his stats as well. That’s my opinion. There is no amount of “Pep wants him”, “Bielsa rated him highly” or “he’ll magically improve like X example” that will change my mind

I swear if tonight Mike Keegan published a story saying Laporte wants out and Pep asked for Harry Maguire to replace him I’d see apologists and a torrent of “they’re shit but he’ll return to form with Pep” and “actually…” right away. Lol
Most football supporters aren’t neutral in their assesment of a player me included.

I want shiny new toys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.