Right so lets have the Sue Gray report please - published for all to read unredacted

It could be the most damning report ever and the **** will laugh it off and refuse to resign.

Don’t expect anything to happen at all.

No more lockdown fines for him,things are looking up.
For him certainly. Not for the rest of us.

Seems we're stuck with the bumbling oaf for the foreseeable because however incriminating the Gray report is, he will make out that for him it was only one minor cake related transgression.

As most of us suspected would happen, he's pretty much got away with it.

Yes, I do and my rationale is quite simple. No matter how bad he gets, he is still better than the other lot. Plus he got Brexit done (sort of) got a vaccine programme up and running successfully (I had a bad bout of Covid in Oct 2021 & without my jabs I might not be here right now - which I'm pretty grateful for) and he has performed well in the face of Russian aggression in the Ukraine too.

Finally, he knows what a woman is and is not afraid to say it. He is obviously flawed, but like I said - not as flawed as his opponents and this is borne out by the polls. You would think that with everything that has happened since December 2019 Labour would be massively ahead. They are not.
Hmm.
He got Brexit done. Even you admit 'sort of'. He agreed to a deal that the EU had themselves proposed two years earler. As Foreign Secretary he had said such a deal was unthinkable as it threatened the sovereignty of the UK and yet he still agreed it. Now we're seeing the consequences and it is perfectly possible the whole deal could unravel back to a no deal Brexit. If you claim that as a success 'sort of' then fair enough.
On the vaccine rollout we were quick off the mark and yet our death rate per capita is in the worst fifth of 155 countries (statista website) and of course there is the care home issue. All of which suggests he got a hell of a lot more wrong than right.
As for the Ukraine, supplying a lot of weapons yes, refugees no. Plus remember we're not being invaded and it's easy to showboat on a bit of reflected glory.
What did you think of the Owen Paterson affair?

Interesting perspective on him and his personality in the following article, from which I have posted a segment:

What is ‘truth’?​

Johnson is often accused of dishonesty. However, it may not be so much that he intentionally lies, but that he doesn’t have a fixed notion of truth.

Since dark triad personalities are self-absorbed, they are disconnected from objective criteria of behaviour and have a strong tendency towards self-deception. They select information which supports their positive image of themselves and ignore negative information. They believe whatever suits their view of reality.

When he claims not to have broken lockdown rules or not to have misled parliament, Johnson may simply be selecting information to support his preferred version of reality. It’s likely that he has convinced himself that the events he attended really were work events, and that his attendance of them was purely inadvertent. This also relates to Johnson’s apparent inability to apologise, which would mean admitting to an imperfect image of himself.

Dark personalities are also unable to tolerate criticism, which brings a tendency to try to avoid dissenting voices. Whereas sensible prime ministers select ministers on the basis of ability, Johnson has packed senior government roles with loyalists, which has led to a lack of expertise and creativity.

https://theconversation.com/the-dar...nisters-unpalatable-personality-traits-177662

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.