Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are fucking English when claiming any type of benefits from the Government.
The amount of support and investment thats gone into that City is enormous compared to lower profile places like for example Stoke on Trent, which isn't far from me and has suffered through decades of under investment and decline. There are plenty of other places, North & South that have similar social problems but I don't see any media types going into bat for them...

The amount of support and investment thats gone into that City is enormous compared to lower profile places like for example Stoke on Trent, which isn't far from me and has suffered through decades of under investment and decline. There are plenty of other places, North & South that have similar social problems but I don't see any media types going into bat for them...
this is it. i watched a bit of question time this week and the scousers seem to make out like they are the only city that has been screwed over by the gov. they've started banging on now about churchill sending gun boats up the mersey as if that's the only out of order thing that's ever happened. Peterloo you fucking idiots. I'm not saying we've had it worse either, the north has been constantly screwed over by london for years, but they are so self involved they only see what happens to them. their determination to be special and different is fucking childish.

Yep. So it's down to us to ensure the bastards are never ever allowed to forget what they did.

Whether they acknowledge it or not is irrelevant: the world knows how what that club's supporters did and the world will not forget it. And we all know they are more than capable of putting in a repeat performance somewhere, because violence is deeply embedded within the club's DNA. Lose a game, glass somebody. Draw a game, call up Stanley. Win a game, maim somebody..."It's what we focking do, La!"
You are the head of PR for Liverpool Council and I claim my council tax rebate.

It's the casual way that the BBC just throwaway the remark that Juventus fans just "died" like it was some kind of accident.

Just shows their complete lack of self awareness. Its pretty galling to be having a celebration on the anniversary of Heysel, an occasion when your fans were responsible for the death of 39 people.

Imaging the head of South Yorkshire Police having a retirement shindig on the Hillsborough anniversary.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing never rang more true.

They are fucking English when claiming any type of benefits from the Government.
Reminds me of an episode of Til Death Do Us Part in the 70s when Alf Garnett said that the football club were funded by the government, because all their fans who went to the games were on the dole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.