Road Closures in Manchester Today

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Looks like most roads near the Etihad will be open by 12:30

Road re-opening times​

12noon: Alan Turing Way

12.30pm: Ashton Old Road, Chorlton Road, Fairfield Street, Manor Street, Midland Street, Pin Mill Street, Mancunian Way

3.45pm: Albion Street, City Road East, Great Jackson Street, Medlock Street, Whitworth Street

5.15pm: Peter Street, Portland Street, Abingdon Street, Bloom Street, Bridgewater Street, Byrom Street, Chepstow Street, Chorlton Street, Cross Street, Great Bridgewater Street, Major Street, Minshul Street, Princess Street, Sackville Street, Silver Street, Oxford Street

6.30pm: All remaining on course roads

7.30pm: Deansgate (from Whitworth Street West to Peter Stret)

9pm: St John Street

11pm: Tonman Street
Thanks for that info.

It would be alright if everyone lived near the Etihad. But a lot of people travel to the city centre and from the city centre to the Etihad. A lot of bus routes to Town will be affected for those who like to get into Town early before the game.
Look at all those where people would usually get taxis/buses from or near that don’t open until 17:15…

Everyone needs to make sure they know where else to get taxis/buses from or where else to walk that they won’t be able to today.

Bloody fun run!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like most roads near the Etihad will be open by 12:30

Road re-opening times​

12noon: Alan Turing Way

12.30pm: Ashton Old Road, Chorlton Road, Fairfield Street, Manor Street, Midland Street, Pin Mill Street, Mancunian Way

3.45pm: Albion Street, City Road East, Great Jackson Street, Medlock Street, Whitworth Street

5.15pm: Peter Street, Portland Street, Abingdon Street, Bloom Street, Bridgewater Street, Byrom Street, Chepstow Street, Chorlton Street, Cross Street, Great Bridgewater Street, Major Street, Minshul Street, Princess Street, Sackville Street, Silver Street, Oxford Street

6.30pm: All remaining on course roads

7.30pm: Deansgate (from Whitworth Street West to Peter Stret)

9pm: St John Street

11pm: Tonman Street
Useful post, cheers

Lots of people park away from the ground down back streets in Town or near the Mancunian Way/back of Piccadilly area that might not be easy to get to at the times you’d usually get there.

There is a Park and Ride Metrolink service today. Supposed to be for the run but our game is more important.

(There is no information about Metrolink line closures so hopefully all should be good there!)

Park & Ride​

Don’t know where to park?

Park and Ride & Metrolink is a quick and easy solution to travel to the event, without worrying where to leave your car. This is a free service to passengers with a valid Metrolink ticket.

• East Didsbury with 302 spaces.
  • Brooklands with 108 spaces.
  • Navigation Road with 81 spaces.
  • Sale Water Park with 300 spaces.
  • Ladywell with 250 spaces.
  • Parkway with 360 spaces.

Absolute gridlock in town. Do not attempt to get through town in a car or bus.

PXL-20220522-090025120-MP.jpg

PXL-20220522-090030808-MP.jpg

Look, I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but.....

Take it down to the curry mile or Kingsway even, fuck, take it through Salford, but so close to the ground, has to be deliberate. No one is that incompetent. Oldham Road is going to be busy.
Ooooh, I was just thinking the northern approaches would be fine! But it takes a great mind to come up with road closures, etc. Would the run have been held on the same day MANUre were ever in a position to clinch a title on the last day? Better set off now. I had a bad experience on Wednesday at the end of the Mfuckin'67 that will last me for the rest of the year.

Ooooh, I was just thinking the northern approaches would be fine! But it takes a great mind to come up with road closures, etc. Would the run have been held on the same day MANUre were ever in a position to clinch a title on the last day? Better set off now. I had a bad experience on Wednesday at the end of the Mfuckin'67 that will last me for the rest of the year.
Yes - the 10k goes to the swamp, so whichever of us were at home would have a nightmare getting there. Ridiculous planning for everything on the same day.

Obviously, rags aren't going to be winning the title, but you still wouldn't be able to get your flying car to their car parks

Last edited:
Manchester marathon, Manchester Pride, Manchester half marathon, Great Manchester Run, Metrolink maintenance, you name it any event ALWAYS takes place when we are at home, never the arseholes across the road. I blame the Council- wankers.

Manchester marathon, Manchester Pride, Manchester half marathon, Great Manchester Run, Metrolink maintenance, you name it any event ALWAYS takes place when we are at home, never the arseholes across the road. I blame the Council- wankers.
Hotel availability and the route make it impossible to be the other way around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.