Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Was following on the match day thread; wasn’t a great read if I’m honest. Half time I was out, round to my sister’s for tea. Her bloke’s got the laptop on and about 5 minutes later he looks up, glum like: “0-2. Guess who scored?” Yeh. Great. Done the media’s job for them, haven’t we. But, see, I’d watched the QPR game earlier and I thought, ‘if we can just grab a scruffy goal back…’

Anyway, 5 minutes… and there’s forks, knives, spuds, broccoli, plates going everywhere.

I knew… once her bloke looked up with a grin and said “2-2”. I knew this bunch would channel their inner-QPR.

Well done, Blues and thank you. Whisky time…

Jesus H Christ. What can I say about this team. I had a little pop earlier in the week about some posters having a go at our players mentality or that we are bottlers. Well I love being proved right. I’m so so happy but feel so jaded a bit like after Wembley 99. I just couldn’t enjoy it. Even after we went 3-2 I was just worried Villa would have one last chance.

Kudos to that team . A back 4 that had been thrown together and no proper forward for most of the season and to out score that mob is something else and unfortunately won’t get recognised by anyone else apart from us.

Love this club and all it is. I’m so happy but I’m also so happy for fans that are older than me and have probably been through the mill more than I have. So tonight as much as I’ll have a beer for myself I’ll also have a beer for the fans I’ve met over the years and for the good fans on here like Bill,longsight.mc18td, give it to Gordon,prestwich blue and all the other top people I’ve had the luck to have known over the years. I love you all and I love this fucking club.

Ctid. Up the blues.
At 2-0 I really thought, game over, even though I could see we were really getting at them, particularly down Zinchenko’s wing.
But I think considering the fact that we didn’t get a striker and still had the obvious LB problems and Fern a year older, this season is all the sweeter. To retain the title under these circumstances is a greater achievement than any of Pep’s previous titles. And we will get better next year.

What an amazing comeback .fuck me I can hardly speak..bloody voice almost gone.
We weren't bad 1st half but seemed nervous and not quite at it.
2nd half we were at it from the go but when they scored again I thought fuck me that's it now.
But these players are just fantastic and they never give in...
It was fucking crazy in SS3 when Gundo scored the 1st..then even more manic with Rods goal..when Gundo got the winner..it was like the Aguero moment again.
I think Zinc was the catalyst for us getting back into the game..he was amazing..Gundo was Johnny on the spot..
We deserved the title because we are the best team .
Really going to miss Fern but I think he's made the right decision to leave.
Villa fans are proper knobheads with their European cup inflatables..ffs it was 40 years ago.
Hope the cunts get relegated next year.
Enjoy your summer boys n girls..
Champions of England..we know what we are
In fairness Villa were very good in the 1890's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.