Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

many but i can’t still process and wondering how you all handled your emotions inside the stadium . I sstill can’t believe what just happened.
inside the stadium we stayed with the team at 2 0 despite being flat but when the first went in the belief came back the third was bedlam my 13 year old grandson and 11 year old were hugging total strangers and the regulars around us,he said the last 15 miniutes was the best match hes ever been to.thank you city for making it worthwhile.but please dont do to me again

One thing that struck me was Villa's time-wasting after 15 minutes. They played like they had something more than a PL match to defend & win.

Evidently it was Gerrard doing all he could to help the Dippers. Aside from 2-legged away ties or relegation/promotion/title games, I've never seen a team time-wasting so early when there was nothing to gain or lose for them.

Finally calmed down. What a comeback again from City.
Dreadful 1st half performance and changes needed to be made at HT.
Zinny showed pace and ambition down the left, straight from the restart, and that seemed to lift us
Gundo got in the right positions and the crosses came in
Seriously, we need a GK who can actually make some big saves now and again, Ederson has been really poor this season and again yesterday, had zip all to do and still couldn't make a save....his non-effort save when Watkins was through before their 2nd was baffling.
My three players of the season...KDB Rodri and Walker (almost Laporte for staying fit and being there all the time and keeping the defence together)
I've had it with this season, thought 18/19 was about as bad as it could get in terms of nerves/stress etc but this was right up there as well.
Time to refresh the batteries, lower the stress levels and enjoy our 6th PL title....6th...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.