The British Office v The American Office; poll added

Which version do you prefer, American or British?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find that really weird are you American?
I honestly cannot stand American comedy.
Nah I'm English, I like British comedy (some of it) but in terms of dramas etc I find most British stuff hard to watch, prefer american shows like dexter, game of thrones, bosh, goliath etc

British although I’ve not seen all the American one.
But the office is definitely one of my favourite comedies of all time

I've seen bits of the US version and it seems to lack that awkwardness that we seem to do better. The cringe bits.

American one by a country mile. Must have watched all the series 3 or 4 times now.

It does start slow and the first few episodes are a bit of a copy of the english version but after that its an incredible series.

Along with Blackadder goes forth my favourite comedy of all time and once you buy into the characters the episode where Dwight starts a fire in the office is probably the best 25 minutes of entertainment you will ever see.

The Office UK was both funnier and more discomforting than The Office US, which was a pretty good network sitcom that hammed up the best bits of the UK version.
I don’t think it can be denied that Ricky Gervais was a comic revelation, bringing an intensity to uncomfortable comedy, But with him (as with Cleese in Fawlty Towers) what he produced later was inferior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.