The British Office v The American Office; poll added

Which version do you prefer, American or British?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schitt's Creek is Canadian! Have to give our northern neighbors the credit there or you'll have a bunch of mounties riding moose show up at your doorstep demanding an apology.

Surprised about Always Sunny though. That's one of my all time favorites and one I thought would translate well.
Always Sunny is a work of comedic genius. One of my all time favourites. What a bunch of cunts. Brilliant.

Always Sunny is a work of comedic genius. One of my all time favourites. What a bunch of cunts. Brilliant.
The worst people ever on television. There are so many classic bits throughout the show that never fail to have me rolling on the floor

The UK Office is genius and has just enough episodes. Having worked in various Offices for nearly 20 years every character in the show I have worked with.

The US office is really good but like most American sitcoms it outstays its welcome and tails off badly after season 5

UK office for me

Schitt's Creek is Canadian! Have to give our northern neighbors the credit there or you'll have a bunch of mounties riding moose show up at your doorstep demanding an apology.

Surprised about Always Sunny though. That's one of my all time favorites and one I thought would translate well.
Funnily enough it was my Canadian family who recommended it to me!

My friend reckons always sunny gets better after the first season I'm just really impatient I guess

The UK Office is genius and has just enough episodes. Having worked in various Offices for nearly 20 years every character in the show I have worked with.

The US office is really good but like most American sitcoms it outstays its welcome and tails off badly after season 5

UK office for me
Agree with everything you say, but I still (just about) preferred the US version....even though it floundered after Michael Scott left

American one is far superior, but only from when it stops being a copy, the characters are much better. I do prefer American TV though
T
The worst people ever on television. There are so many classic bits throughout the show that never fail to have me rolling on the floor

They certainly are. But funny as with it.

American one by a country mile. Must have watched all the series 3 or 4 times now.

It does start slow and the first few episodes are a bit of a copy of the english version but after that its an incredible series.

Along with Blackadder goes forth my favourite comedy of all time and once you buy into the characters the episode where Dwight starts a fire in the office is probably the best 25 minutes of entertainment you will ever see.
And the one where they do a CPR course and he harvests the organs and cuts the face off the dummy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.