Bundesliga Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re my second team, I’m not as tense as the Etihad yesterday. Perfect weekend for me if Hertha stay up. Pet Shop Boys on Friday, Blues champs on Sunday and Hertha staying up Monday…if Carlsberg did weekends!

Congratulations Hertha and commiserations Hamburg, a complete reversal of the first leg. Hertha were far more aggressive and Hamburg were caught cold and never allowed to settle and play their football. Have to feel a bit for Fernandes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a keeper more comfortable playing the ball with his feet, but his lack of height was exposed in that second goal.

Kaiserslautern away to Dresden in the relegation play offs.

Absolute crazy atmosphere from both sides, constant pyro and K-Town with those polish bangers that are crazy loud.

Lautern 1-0 up...if it stays that way I wouldn't want to be an away fan out there.

And Kaiserslautern are promoted. Shame it is at Dresden's expense, but hopefully the first step towards Lautern being back where they belong. I think its my favourite German ground.

Summary
Champions League - Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Leipzig, and the mighty Eintracht Frankfurt
Europa League - Union Berlin, Freiburg
Conference League - Köln

Relegated - Arminia Bielefeld and Greuther Fürth

Promoted from Buli 2 - Schalke and Werder Bremen
Relegated from Buli 2 - Dynamo Dresden, Erzgebirge Aue, and Ingolstadt

Promoted from 3 Liga - Magdeburg, Braunschweig, and Kaiserslautern
Relegated from 3 Liga - Viktoria Berlin, Würzburger Kickers, Havelse, and Turkgücü München

Promoted from Regionalliga - Bayreuth, Elversberg, RW Essen, and the final team is either BFC Dynamo (Berlin) or Oldenburg.

Niko Kovac appointed Wolfsburg manager, Dortmund appoint Edin Terzic. I think there is likely to be a few more changes. Bundesliga season starts 5th August, Bundesliga 2 a few weeks earlier on the 15th July. Need to come over on the 5th August so will see how the fixtures fall.

Last edited:
I should not say this but Kaiserslautern's ground is absolutely great.

Really old school and narrow football ground, beer hall under both ends and the "climb" up to the ground makes it special as well. Hostile as fuck environment...

Especially if you go there as a Frankfurt fan (no love between us, it's our derby) and you get pelted with potatoes that the locals have "enhanced" with nails.

I think in terms of pure hatred only Offenbach rivals them.

Ah...the good old times. :-)

both play offs with the exact opposite outcome I had hoped for - mixed feelings about Schalke's return to the Bundesliga. but Magdeburg, Braunschweig and RW Essen going up is a bit of a consolation.

I should not say this but Kaiserslautern's ground is absolutely great.

Really old school and narrow football ground, beer hall under both ends and the "climb" up to the ground makes it special as well. Hostile as fuck environment...

Especially if you go there as a Frankfurt fan (no love between us, it's our derby) and you get pelted with potatoes that the locals have "enhanced" with nails.

I think in terms of pure hatred only Offenbach rivals them.

Ah...the good old times. :-)
Sounds like the way that many City fans feel towards Leeds and Elland Road. They've got plenty of dislikeable features, but it's one of my favourite away games for real old school atmosphere.

Last edited:
both play offs with the exact opposite outcome I had hoped for - mixed feelings about Schalke's return to the Bundesliga. but Magdeburg, Braunschweig and RW Essen going up is a bit of a consolation.
That Friday Night in the rain at Bonn
Was that RW Essen?
It seems an eternity ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.