Rio Ferdinand OBE

I don’t mind him as a pundit if I’m honest. He certainly put Owen in his place after his laughable comments post-CL final.
eaf91d8ff2f33b1a39f1505e573d46f2_w200.gif

Amazed to see that Rio Ferdinand has been awarded the OBE.

Another sign of the decline of a once great nation when this fool is given such an award.

Cheated a drugs test and repeatedly cheated on his wife despite her having a terminal disease.

I am not surprised at all - not least for the fact that the rap sheet you lay out there is pretty tame compared to that some of them took into the Lords with them - Lebedev is there at Johnsons request mainly coz Lebedev probably has pictorial evidence doing stuff that makes Camerons dead pig fucking look tame and there are loads more in there who imo shouldn't be.

Problem is that as long as it isn't elected office something will annoy someone somewhere - The Lords needs binning off as an institution and becoming an elected office. Patronage through other awards is shite too.

Remember when they tried to appease us all by giving recognition to school dinner ladies and long serving librarians? That was just soft soap. Those people got "recognition" that was less than a Royal Seal of Approval thats on your jam jar at the supermarket.... no way was Mrs Miggings from the canteen getting to put any input into fabricating UK law as that was way above her understanding (she was only a 60 year old citizen who has experienced everything British life and law and throw at an individual) but the son of an ex-KGB agent who security services wanted blocking is much more qualified hence not a gong but elevation to the Lords!!??

Worth noting Lebedev wanted the trappings and the ermine and has only attended the Lords once since his ascension to the Lords. I bet Mrs Miggings would have attended daily one for the attendance allowance and two because she could bring something useful to the debate.

Scrap the patronage awards system and the Lords in its present form and start again with the whole lot

I would give him a OBE for his part in the 1-6 at the swamp. Unforgettable CTID
Brilliant.
Did you like his " oh crumbs.... I don't know what to do" look as Silva played that cushioned volley pass to Dzeko...
Or maybe ..being completely helpless.like a child. When Mario calmly,gently,rolled the ball into the net.
At the stretford end.for the 1st of 6 wonderful goals.
Soooooh many moments to treasure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.