Nathan Ake

jimharri

The Sun (yes, I know; don't shoot the messenger!) reporting that City are open to selling Nathan, and are telling Newcastle they'll have to stump up £50m. Personally, I hope the story is bullshit, and that we keep him. He put in some fantastic performances in the run in. But, I suppose, if he wants regular first team football, he's unlikely to get that with us.

Choice is with the player, as always. If he stays he will get games but no guarantees, and he's probably more likely to become a better player in our set-up.

But Newcastle may offer to make him the rock of their new side, if he wants that project then it's probably not a bad move either.

Whether we go with THB or recruit would be interesting, and may depend on whether our top targets (Pau Torres I'd imagine) is available at an acceptable fee.

I'd prefer him to stay for the stability, knowing that if he starts then he's competent, and if he starts ahead of Laporte then he's kicked on to am exceptional level.

The Sun (yes, I know; don't shoot the messenger!) reporting that City are open to selling Nathan, and are telling Newcastle they'll have to stump up £50m. Personally, I hope the story is bullshit, and that we keep him. He put in some fantastic performances in the run in. But, I suppose, if he wants regular first team football, he's unlikely to get that with us.
Tbh if all the rumours are true then we are potentially losing-

Fern
Ake
Zinchenko
Laporte
Gundogan
Sterling
Mahrez
Jesus

Given we have a relatively small squad to begin with I think there’s a lot of media bullshit going on with a view to destabilising us, as ever. I would be more than happy with all of the above apart from Fern staying, although Sterling and Jesus feel the most likely to go? The squad seems a happy one to me

If he goes, we’ll bring a replacement of a similar level. Decent player and guy but wouldn’t be missed much. Hasn’t been too physically reliable. Hope he stays though

Only worth selling him if either he wants to go or we have a better replacement lined up. Reliable and is settled in the squad. £50 million is a small profit but not enough considering how much work City did in getting him and how much effort will go into finding a new cb. If Pep feels THB is ready to be 4th choice then £65million should do it. City got shafted when the new money arrived, why make it easy for anyone else.

Tbh if all the rumours are true then we are potentially losing-

Fern
Ake
Zinchenko
Laporte
Gundogan
Sterling
Mahrez
Jesus

Given we have a relatively small squad to begin with I think there’s a lot of media bullshit going on with a view to destabilising us, as ever. I would be more than happy with all of the above apart from Fern staying, although Sterling and Jesus feel the most likely to go? The squad seems a happy one to me
There is no way we are selling all those players, didn't Barca buy half of them at the start of last season :)

I mean 50m would be a good price for Ake. But he is a very good player, who will only get better under Pep’s guidance. He was very useful for us in the latter stages of last season and is a very useful player to have plus he can cover at left-back. I wouldn’t sell him and I can’t see it happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.