Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I am not an idiot who thinks Liverpool fans never did anything wrong at any time in the past . Nor will I say they will never do anything wrong at any time in the future. Are you telling me that all City fans ar angels? Of course not We all have our dickheads and I wouldn't deny Liverpool have their share of them but the overwhelming evidence is that EUFA and the French police fucked up big time . Why it's so difficult to admit that is beyond me

We have some dickheads in our support and I would imagine if we had got there we would have been fair game as well. Do you think that every Liverpool supporter in that ground on Saturday were in there with a valid ticket? You couldn’t see the aisles in the Liverpool end. I’ve been sat in a telegram group for tickets for the champions league final since early April if we got there. Loads of fakes being sold and not one genuine ticket on offer, do you not admit that people approaching the stadium and Liverpools manager telling everyone to go even if they had no ticket threw fuel on the fire on the shit show from Uefa?

Also do you not think a previous terrorist attack on the Stade De France would lead to the French police being heavy handed with anyone who shouldn’t be there?

Change the date to sometime in the 1970's or 80's and the station Lime St. Omit mobile phones and you've got an old school away day to Merseyside
You are correct. My wife came back from Liverpool city centre at some time in the late 70s and told me she had helped some West ham fans who had been chased and conered in a shop entrance. She was straight in and told the lads chasing them how brave they were with 10 against 3 Shamefully they fucked off and the lads were able to get away unscathed. Having said that I was at a Spurs game atWHL and I was just standing there talkiking a a fellah threw a red hot cup of tea over me through a fence. I was in Sheffield and we were attacked by about 30 skinheads and given a kicking for being Liverpool fans Do I think all fans from those clubs are morons ? No I don't Fans are mostly decent people who go to watch the game then go home to their families. I really don't understand the vitriol attached to football now. Some weekends I would go and watch Everton just to see a game. Maybe I am the exception and not the rule but I don't believe that

I lived and worked in Paris about 12 years ago and the police were no different then I was in Gae Du Nord station when there was a bit of an argument . In the UK the police would normally step in and sort it out The French police never asked a question just weighen in with their batons and beat the shit out of the guys and anyone else who was unfortunate enough to be adjacent to them Thats what the French police do

Instead of the outright denial of what went on. Forget the rivalry betwenn the clubs and read with an open mind. If possible
I think the only set of people in outright denial are anyone to do with your cult. There were no fake tickets, we never tried jibbing in, we didn't travel ticketless etc. When will you take responsibility for the actions of your own feral set of fans. And whilst that account is horrific I find it odd that he managed to walk unharmed whilst all around were being attacked. And if warnings had gone out not to be alone why were so many people doing that! I am not saying the gangs weren't around but you obviously never went to Klanfield in the 70's and 80's and even now when as an away fan once you reached the dual carriageway by the ground the police melted away and you had to run the gauntlet of scum exactly how it's been described in this article. Difference was there were no mobiles in those days and you lot were just happy to slash and maim people indiscriminately. Some may say karma others may say where were the 30k Liverpool fans that were in the ground after the game.
Whilst the local gangs were an issue nearly 2,000 police were on duty at the game, more than double than at a rugby international. They may have been at fault with the way they policed the game but how do you account for multiples instances on social media of your fans boasting about selling fake tickets and boasting about jibbing in on fake tickets or have you forgotten this. Supposedly nearly 3,000 fake tickets have been accounted for which would suggest many more were in circulation. Imagine being at the Etihad and twice the number of fans in the away section were trying to find their seat. What do you think may happen?

You are correct. My wife came back from Liverpool city centre at some time in the late 70s and told me she had helped some West ham fans who had been chased and conered in a shop entrance. She was straight in and told the lads chasing them how brave they were with 10 against 3 Shamefully they fucked off and the lads were able to get away unscathed. Having said that I was at a Spurs game atWHL and I was just standing there talkiking a a fellah threw a red hot cup of tea over me through a fence. I was in Sheffield and we were attacked by about 30 skinheads and given a kicking for being Liverpool fans Do I think all fans from those clubs are morons ? No I don't Fans are mostly decent people who go to watch the game then go home to their families. I really don't understand the vitriol attached to football now. Some weekends I would go and watch Everton just to see a game. Maybe I am the exception and not the rule but I don't believe that
I'd have charged you for the tea ;-)

I lived and worked in Paris about 12 years ago and the police were no different then I was in Gae Du Nord station when there was a bit of an argument . In the UK the police would normally step in and sort it out The French police never asked a question just weighen in with their batons and beat the shit out of the guys and anyone else who was unfortunate enough to be adjacent to them Thats what the French police do
51E018F3-E93A-49AC-907E-B1B915C39809.jpeg
Address the elephant in the room, did this or did this not happen?

Look I am not an idiot who thinks Liverpool fans never did anything wrong at any time in the past . Nor will I say they will never do anything wrong at any time in the future. Are you telling me that all City fans ar angels? Of course not We all have our dickheads and I wouldn't deny Liverpool have their share of them but the overwhelming evidence is that EUFA and the French police fucked up big time . Why it's so difficult to admit that is beyond me

This is the whole point of the argument though. It’s total cause and effect.

UEFA and the French Police have become scapegoats due to the actions of Liverpool fans.

UEFA and the Police would have planned for 20K Liverpool fans as that was their ticket allocation.

Thanks to their manager and their complete disregard for their own fans an estimated 20-40k extra so called Liverpool fans made their way to the venue. A lot of them entered the Stadium illegally by either jibbing in or using fake tickets. The effect of this was that a lot of genuine fans with genuine tickets were left outside the stadium demanding entry.

The situation could have been handled better but UEFA and The French Police are only guilty of their REACTION to the situation CAUSED by Liverpool fans.

If the only Liverpool fans attending were genuine ticket holders, there wouldn’t have been any issues, that is the whole argument in a nutshell.

There's a massive difference though.

Whether you can admit it or not, Liverpool fans are unable to attend a CL final without causing problems. You can blame the authorities, the police, the locals, etc, all you want, but problems in Athens, Istanbul, and now Paris have one common denominator, Liverpool fans.

Fake tickets, jibbing in, rushing turnstiles, barging past stewards and Police, climbing fences and walls etc. 1000's of Liverpool fans have made their way to those finals knowing they don't have a ticket, or have a fake ticket, hoping and trying by any means possible to get into the ground at the expense of their fellow Liverpool fans.

Listen. Mud sticks. Especially after the same mud has been thrown across Europe time after time over 50 years. Reputations are made, earned, and can never be changed. Liverpool fans have a reputation of misbehaving and causing trouble. End of. As such, the authorities and the Police are on alert. And local youths see Liverpool fans as fair game. The rest is history.

I'll ask you this question again.

'Why did Liverpool Football Club insist on paper tickets instead of digital tickets?'

That decision ultimately lead to the problems in Paris and then more.

I said above that the majority of Liverpool fans are law abiding people, and that goes for fans of all clubs. But don't try and paint the events of Paris as being all the fault of the authorities. You need to accept that Liverpool FC and their fans must take some responsibility for what happened.

Plus, the events described by Jim Beglin's son weren't great, but they are only one eye witness account. They don't tell the full picture, although they do mention a Liverpool fan delivering a knock out punch to a Parisian, and another fan standing up to and facing off another group of thugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.