Electric cars

True but the fluid will still degrade over time because it’s hygroscopic
Had my Model X for 3 years and only had to replace wipers.

Hardly ever touch the brakes, and feel disappointment in myself if I have to touch them, as the regent brakes work so well.
My brakes use electric actuators instead of hydraulic fluid pressure to actuate.
We have an Audi that we hardly drive because we love the Tesla so much, and the service on that costs infinitely more than we've ever spent on the Tesla.

Had my Model X for 3 years and only had to replace wipers.

Hardly ever touch the brakes, and feel disappointment in myself if I have to touch them, as the regent brakes work so well.
My brakes use electric actuators instead of hydraulic fluid pressure to actuate.
We have an Audi that we hardly drive because we love the Tesla so much, and the service on that costs infinitely more than we've ever spent on the Tesla.
Hmmm I doubt that very much… Electronic actuators are for the parking brake .. I’d be extremely surprised / amazed to hear that Tesla have done away with hydraulics as we were supplying brake fluid equipment to them in my last job and I only finished two years ago..

I agree though. The hydraulic brakes hardly get used on an EV and pads should last a lifetime in reality. The fluid would only require changing based on time / SG checks to confirm that the boiling point hasn’t been affected by water absorption

I’m hoping my old Tesla contacts can source me a model Y without the long wait as we’ve decided to go back to an EV

Hmmm I doubt that very much… Electronic actuators are for the parking brake .. I’d be extremely surprised / amazed to hear that Tesla have done away with hydraulics as we were supplying brake fluid equipment to them in my last job and I only finished two years ago..

I agree though. The hydraulic brakes hardly get used on an EV and pads should last a lifetime in reality. The fluid would only require changing based on time / SG checks to confirm that the boiling point hasn’t been affected by water absorption

I’m hoping my old Tesla contacts can source me a model Y without the long wait as we’ve decided to go back to an EV

Tesla Electric Brake Advantage​

We know that Tesla used electric brakes. Electric brake systems have many advantages over hydraulic brakes. Unlike hydraulic brakes which use high pressure brake fluid and piping, electric brakes will obviously never have problems with leaks, shortages, and excess brake fluid. So, we will never encounter dirt that brake fluid causes when it spills. Moreover, the rust that brake fluid causes will also never be encountered. One more thing, we don’t need to prepare brake fluid to replace or add it.

We know that Tesla used electric brakes. Electric brake systems have many advantages over hydraulic brakes. Unlike hydraulic brakes which use high pressure brake fluid and piping, electric brakes will obviously never have problems with leaks, shortages, and excess brake fluid. So, we will never encounter dirt that brake fluid causes when it spills. Moreover, the rust that brake fluid causes will also never be encountered. One more thing, we don’t need to prepare brake fluid to replace or add it.
Every day’s a school day… I’ll get my coat

Have you got a link to that article?

sure..
I’m dubious about whether that article is totally true at present but I’m happy to be proved wrong.. I’m also sure that you check your car regularly but I would have a look on the right hand side of your frunk as I’m 99% sure you’ll find a brake fluid reservoir or a plastic flap to access it….. it’s not meant to be topped up between services but should be a visual indicator on the system and the state of the pads (which I expect will be like new)

As the manufacturer of our in-house cell program, we are best positioned to recycle our products efficiently to maximize key battery material recovery. With the implementation of in-house cell manufacturing at Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg and Gigafactory Texas, we expect substantial increases in manufacturing scrap globally. We intend to tailor recycling solutions to each location and thereby re-introduce valuable materials back into our manufacturing process. Our goal is to develop a safe recycling process with high recovery rates, low costs and low environmental impact. From an economic perspective, we expect to recognize significant savings over the long term as the costs associated with large-scale battery material recovery and recycling will be far lower than purchasing additional raw materials for cell manufacturing.”
Ah, so it's a 'goal' with a lot of 'we intend to's'?

Sounds like marketing bullshit to me.

Well my goal is to be a billionaire, but it doesn't mean to say it's ever ever going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.