Pitch invasion measures

Yawn, don't you have to pop off to the toilets for a sniff?
At 58 no, I've seen relegation, promotions, titles, city fans fighting with each other, you name it, but you can't knock city fans celebrating, that's what you live for, do you remember in 2012 when we won the title and the TV were showing dick heads in the stand screaming 'get off the pitch' thinking the presentation wasn't going to happen, fucking killjoys...was it you ?

At 58 no, I've seen relegation, promotions, titles, city fans fighting with each other, you name it, but you can't knock city fans celebrating, that's what you live for, do you remember in 2012 when we won the title and the TV were showing dick heads in the stand screaming 'get off the pitch' thinking the presentation wasn't going to happen, fucking killjoys...was it you ?

Yeah mate, course it was, how did you guess. I struggled to scream though as I was consuming a lovely fillet steak sandwich, on the finest of brioche rolls served by my glamourous assistant. Let me guess, were you lighting a banger to celebrate?

Again, it's how you define celebrating, lobbing smoke bombs onto a pitch is a poor excuse for celebrating, as is taking out your own goalposts. When you're watching the game behind iron bars as we had to do in the 80's and 90's don't be surprised.

On 5 Live a few weeks ago, they had a guy from the FA on and he basically said this happens every few years. One happens, gets attention (especially if there’s an incident like Billy Sharp’s)and then a bunch of copy cat incidents happen. Suddenly every end of season event - a comeback, a relegation 6 pointer, PL survival, cup or play off win, title win etc - All have to have a pitch invasion so the fans can show they care as much as all the other fans.

Then everyone goes away over summer, forgets about it,and it all stops for a few years.

He gave the impression that the FA wasn’t that concerned, they’d seen it all before.
Pretty much sums it up. My problem with the pitch invasion is it gave the usual suspects a stick to beat us with. If we played in red it wouldn't make the news or we'd be getting an apology from the fa and GMP....

I like pitch invasions (on the basis you're just celebrating or flashing some boobs and NOT hurting someone) it's a spontatnous act of pure happiness and people just want to feel like they're apart of it. I don't understand why some are so haughty about it, let people enjoy things.

Having said that if things then get ugly and someone gets hurt then THAT'S when there should be reprecussions

I remember when I was young and we invadded Maine road and everyone was digging the pitch up haha some guy picked me up and put me on his shoulders and danced around a bit, mayeb he thought I as his kid or something! it was mad

Edit; but I’ve thought further about this and realize that we don’t live in a world where people doing take advantage, and sadly measures to prevent it are necessary because you really can’t afford to risk someone getting hurt, which, in our society as a whole, is getting more and more likely to happen.

Sad but that’s the reality we live in

Last edited:
Reactions: CC1
Yes.
And 40,000 others.

Reactions: CC1
Confession, I have been on a football pitch just once in my time supporting our great club.

The 4th May 1966 when a Colin Bell goal away to Rotherham at Millmoor gained us promotion to the old 1st Division. Gave Alan Oakes a pat on the back and thought I had broken my hand he was built so solid.

Do not mind it when the situation demands it at the final whistle, but running on during a game and those bloody flares just do my head in. The fans that do that should give their heads a wobble.

Pitch invasions are perfectly fine, it’s the odd dickhead that takes it too far and ruins it.

I went on after the villa game. Took a photo with my mate, celebrated a bit then back to my seat. No harm done, no aggro, a bit of silly fun.

Wankers attacking opposition players / staff and wrecking the goalposts etc need banning.

The smoke bomb trend doesn’t really bother me tbh. I don’t mind it at all in the stands but chucking them on the pitch is daft.

A 30 point deduction is ridiculous suggestion. Pitch invasions are part of the culture and history of our club. Based on what your saying the aguero goal wouldn’t have mattered. Sometimes your emotions/ running on the pitch after a dramatic game happen

Some people, including you, are completely overreacting. The media in particular is going overboard (talking about our pitch invasion) the majority of them have been peaceful/ without much if any incident over the years
Does running on the pitch to tear up your season ticket count?

I had suggested previously sticking quick inflating bouncy castles up all around the perimeter of the pitch. They would activate immediately similar to how an inflatable speed boat inflates.
This would hinder the dickheads getting on the pitch and you could just bounce out your pent up joy. However now that @Alan Harper's Tash has suggested Laser beam headed sharks then I would like my option to be plan B.
To the guy who suggested a moat full of crocodiles; thats just ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.