Pitch invasion measures

Celebrating is going off your head, jumping around, hugging randoms, at no point does it involve lighting a pyro and lobbing it onto the pitch, especially when you have 2 more goals to score to win the title and taking the momentum away while the pitch is cleared.

ps you been up to EL3? Prawn Sandwiches....we're lucky to get a warm pint of piss (Dark Fruits) at half-time and the sausage rolls are history before the game kicks off.

If getting a 'fucking life' involves having to sneak in pyros, or snapping crossbars then I have news, there's more to fucking life than pulling that shit.
When play restarted, we scored two goals in the following four and a half minutes, so I would suggest we didn’t lose that much momentum.

Why should the players and staff be punished for the actions of a few bell end fans? Deducting points off the team is an obscenity of an idea, sorry.

What’s that? Hammer the bell end fans - the ones who actually do the invading - with hefty fines and punishments, you say? Hmmm. Maybe we are onto something there.

At 58 no, I've seen relegation, promotions, titles, city fans fighting with each other, you name it, but you can't knock city fans celebrating, that's what you live for, do you remember in 2012 when we won the title and the TV were showing dick heads in the stand screaming 'get off the pitch' thinking the presentation wasn't going to happen, fucking killjoys...was it you ?
Your definition of a true city fan seems to rule out 90% of the fans who were - & are always - there, but don’t invade the pitch.

So you’re saying we’re all boring fakes & you 10% are the real fans

If you believe that you really are not bothered about our club. You are just trying to justify your actions despite the club’s pleas & the PL rules.

“I can do what I want”
“ those that don’t do what I do are all boring fakes who don’t know how a real city fan celebrates”

That sums you up - fuck the rules & everyone else.

Pitch invasions are perfectly fine, it’s the odd dickhead that takes it too far and ruins it.

I went on after the villa game. Took a photo with my mate, celebrated a bit then back to my seat. No harm done, no aggro, a bit of silly fun.

Wankers attacking opposition players / staff and wrecking the goalposts etc need banning.

The smoke bomb trend doesn’t really bother me tbh. I don’t mind it at all in the stands but chucking them on the pitch is daft.
So how do the club ensure that only the “sensible “ fans invade the pitch & the idiots that like to wreck the goal posts (or - God forbid - want to use the occasion to knife several players & fans for terrorist reasons) stay off?

If a home team has a substantial pitch invasion, penalise the team.

Put some responsibility for the club on the fans. You can call it failure to provide adequate crowd control.

League - 30 point deduction (realistically enough to destroy your season regardless of where you are, can always apply it for the season after if a team is confirmed relegated)
Cup - Automatic forfeit of the next round (if you're losing, the team you draw next year goes through without playing the game)

It's just gone too far now. I get the excitement but it's our 6th PL now and breaking the crossbar was too far. Act like you've been here before. The Billy Sharp and Patrick Vieira incidents are even worse.

I get its over the top but to me that's how you shut it down. No fan wants to be the reason their club gets relegated or loses the title.

Ridiculous.

Imagine how open that is to abuse?

You could have rival fans turning up pretending to be home fans and invading the pitch.

Imagine Liverpool fans knowing they could influence a 30-point penalty deduction of City?

My suggestion is to leave it alone, stop taking the joy out of football and the emotions that go with it.

The game is sterile enough without more bloody rules and interference.

To each their own, and let the kids and big kids enjoy it.

And that's from someone who would have been down there with them when Sergio and Gundo scored, but for being level two!!

Ridiculous.

Imagine how open that is to abuse?

You could have rival fans turning up pretending to be home fans and invading the pitch.

Imagine Liverpool fans knowing they could influence a 30-point penalty deduction of City?

My suggestion is to leave it alone, stop taking the joy out of football and the emotions that go with it.

The game is sterile enough without more bloody rules and interference.

To each their own, and let the kids and big kids enjoy it.

And that's from someone who would have been down there with them when Sergio and Gundo scored, but for being level two!!
Understand your sentiments TH but how does the club ensure that only the sensible fans (the kids & big kids) invade the pitch? Or do they just risk it?!! Is that how it works?

A mandatory lifetime ban for anyone encroaching on the pitch should be the starting point. Then either a court appearance or civil action by the club or both.

Basically it needs to be stamped out and these measures would do the trick.

One of the things that we need to keep in mind and while I'm not for a moment suggesting that pitch invasions aren't a major issue and something that needs to be addressed people saying "someone is going to get killed" don't forget that the last time football tried to deal with this issue they put up fences and people where killed. It seems simple to me you go on the pitch you are banned, unless you can justify it.... Lets not try to solve an en-vogue problem and cause another one.

Its a little like 9/11 to solve one problem...making cockpits more secure they created another one... that has resulted in an increase in controlled flight suicide after restricting access to the cockpit.

1 fan running on can be considered a non issue and handled the way it is now. Potentially lifetime ban for the fan.

I'm talking a full-scale job like with us or Everton. 20000 away fans aren't sneaking into the home end
There was 800k at York away.....apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.