Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

Met Mahrez on a flight from Turkey on Sunday. Don't think I would travel easyjet if I was a millionaire.
If you grew up poor, it's hard to throw money away unnecessarily.

Anyway I met Rick Wakeman on Hollywood Blvd. Very friendly guy, chatted to him about Yes and asked him if it's true he supports City ? It's undeniable, he loves the club.
I never knew he was well over 6ft !

If you grew up poor, it's hard to throw money away unnecessarily.

Anyway I met Rick Wakeman on Hollywood Blvd. Very friendly guy, chatted to him about Yes and asked him if it's true he supports City ? It's undeniable, he loves the club.
I never knew he was well over 6ft !
His suitcases must have been worth ten grand. We were In the baggage hall waiting for them for over a hour. I was going to leave mine behind as they are only worth fifty quid.

18 years ago, I was on holiday in Florida with my wife and son. We went into a shop to buy some film for our camera, as we started to look around the shop, we could hear someone singing blue moon. We looked but could only see the guy behind the counter, who was looking the other way, we carried on looking around and the singing started again. As we approached the counter the guy started to laugh. He had noticed my son's City shirt when we had walked in, he was related to Darren and Jason Beckford.

At a best guess it was 1988, I refereed in the Southampton kids league (Tyro league).
The manager of the side from Dibden Purlieu....think they were called Dibden Dynamos, asked me to ref a game end of season against a touring side from "up north".
Turned up and 90% of the kids and parents of the 'touring team' were blues, I vaguely remember that they were from Macclesfield, after chatting to me I think they had the game in the bag ;)

I saw Colin Barret play, decent player.
Colin Barret was the reason I started supporting City. As a young kid I supported the other lot because all the kids at school did. My sister got to know him and she started bringing home autographs of City players in the early 70’s and leaving them on the kitchen table, probably just to wind me up. I had to ask her who which players they were Bell, Lee, etc. She said. That was me hooked. Ironically her son ended up being a big Red and is now suffering the consequences.

At a best guess it was 1988, I refereed in the Southampton kids league (Tyro league).
The manager of the side from Dibden Purlieu....think they were called Dibden Dynamos, asked me to ref a game end of season against a touring side from "up north".
Turned up and 90% of the kids and parents of the 'touring team' were blues, I vaguely remember that they were from Macclesfield, after chatting to me I think they had the game in the bag ;)
Probably Priory County in those days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.