Arm v painful after lifting in the gym 6 weeks on.

somapop

Hi folks.
Does anyone have any experience with injuries lifting (specifically bicep curls)?
I jumped up a weight over 6 weeks ago but probably went a little too far too quickly (from dumbbells to barbells).

Feels like a tendon has been damaged and I'd been unable to even loft my arm without pain for a while. There's an area around the elbow which is very sensitive too (if I knock it, that too is really painful). Slowly recovering but nowhere near getting back into the gym (at least for weights - I'm still doing running, yoga, pilates etc).
I feel like a trip to the GP would ultimately take far too long to get an answer (and that's if I even get an appointment). Physio is an option but won't be cheap.

The gym is one of those habits I need to keep everything tip top wellbeing wise so keen for this to get better.

I have joint pain in my right elbow. Voltarol had eased it. I think it is age related though, not an injury as such.

Ice and heat rotation,and trigger massage therapy,at the site of injury and take ibuprofen (if not contra-indicated) accordingly.

Opportunity to train other body parts :-)

If you think it is a tendon have a google of rotator cuff tear and read the symptoms to make sure it isn't that. It doesn't heal on it's own so needs surgical intervention.

I only know of this because I had a shoulder strain from lying awkward a few weeks back and this popped up in the results and read out of curiousity.

If you think it is a tendon have a google of rotator cuff tear and read the symptoms to make sure it isn't that. It doesn't heal on it's own so needs surgical intervention.

I only know of this because I had a shoulder strain from lying awkward a few weeks back and this popped up in the results and read out of curiousity.

Bicep pain can be an indicator of a shoulder injury but the pain associated with a rotator cuff issue will be a dull ache dep within the supraspinatus muscle,and a reduced mobility/excruciating pain when lifting arm above/behind head and throbbing pain at night in bed.

Physio can fix minor tendon issues but a full tear will,as you state,require surgery,and a 12 month rehab.

Hopefully,from the desription,this is not the case with the OP and is more localised to the elbow/bicep.

Hi folks.
Does anyone have any experience with injuries lifting (specifically bicep curls)?
I jumped up a weight over 6 weeks ago but probably went a little too far too quickly (from dumbbells to barbells).

Feels like a tendon has been damaged and I'd been unable to even loft my arm without pain for a while. There's an area around the elbow which is very sensitive too (if I knock it, that too is really painful). Slowly recovering but nowhere near getting back into the gym (at least for weights - I'm still doing running, yoga, pilates etc).
I feel like a trip to the GP would ultimately take far too long to get an answer (and that's if I even get an appointment). Physio is an option but won't be cheap.

The gym is one of those habits I need to keep everything tip top wellbeing wise so keen for this to get better.
I’d certainly think about a Physio mate. I’ve had to retire due to a very similar sounding constant injury but more age related.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.