Gavi

Garcia didn't run down his contract, that's simply not true.

He told the club he wanted to go back 18 months into a 3 year contract, and it was City who decided not to sell him in January or the summer or the next January, but to keep him until his deal ran out.

This forum has develope a very weird feudal attitude towards player contracts recently.
So he ran down his contract and moved to barca on a free. Just because he said 18 months earlier that he was going to do it doesn't make any difference or does that mean we should sell him for less then we value him. Most Spanish players want to return to Spain nothing wrong with it but it is something to consider before a mult million pound deal.

Ha ! I was just reading his latest rant against us and PSG and was thinking if we were to “steal“ this kid from Barca Tebas will have a full Porterhouse Blue (Google it if you don’t know !). I think that alone is a perfectly good reason to sign him.
Would love at the unveiling pep to say he will really strengthen the eds but troyes and palermo are interested so we will see where he plays next season.

No, City ran his contract down after he gave them 3 windows to sell him.
No he ran down his contract City offered him multiple new deals and didn't get a suitable offer it was his choice to reject improved contracts and to leave on a free. Its his contract and he has the right to do want ever he wants but he attempted to force City to accept a low ball offer from barca by announcing he wasn't signing a new deal with 18 months left on his contract deal. You honest believe he wasn't tapped up by barca?

No he ran down his contract City offered him multiple new deals and didn't get a suitable offer it was his choice to reject improved contracts and to leave on a free. Its his contract and he has the right to do want ever he wants but he attempted to force City to accept a low ball offer from barca by announcing he wasn't signing a new deal with 18 months left on his contract deal. You honest believe he wasn't tapped up by barca?

You seem to think the club is entitled to keep a player forever. They're not.

They sign a contract to play for a given time. They don't owe anyone anything beyond that, and there can be absolutely zero fucking complaints when a player lets the club know they won't be extending half way through their deal and gives 2 seasons to find a replacement and decide whether to sell and recoup money or not.

He didn't try and force anyone to do jack shit, he gave the club options, so stop living in your stupid fantasy land where anyone who doesn't spend 10 years at the club is some sort of judas figure.

We had an 18 million offer on the table for him and refused, no one would argue he's worth more than that nowadays.

You seem to think the club is entitled to keep a player forever. They're not.
Lol I said he is free to do whatever he wants in my reply but he ran down his contract to leave on a free. That's the simply fact that happened. He wanted to go and he ran down his contract and left. Barca weren't prepared to pay what City wanted.

Lol I said he is free to do whatever he wants in my reply but he ran down his contract to leave on a free. That's the simply fact that happened. He wanted to go and he ran down his contract and left. Barca weren't prepared to pay what City wanted.

Repeating something doesn't stop it being wrong.

You aren't running down a contract if you ask for a move and the club refuses to sell you. That's the club running your contract down.

I have no understanding of anyone's interest in a player who has long-since left us, especially when we have continued to improve. They go with our best wishes because we are City: we don't need to keep players who don't wish to stay because we are able to attract players who dream of playing for a club like ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.